SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for Louisiana

Colonel Kraken

I was supposed to start shooting SASS in October of 2018, but then hurricane Michael came along and plans changed. We were lucky. While we had hundreds of trees down and were without power for nine days, our houses, cars and outbuildings were fine. We are still removing damaged trees and have years of clean up to do. Other members of the Panhandle Cattle Company suffered more damage. One member has just moved into his new home. It breaks my heart to see Louisiana going through the same thing as north Florida. Laura is very similar to Michael staying a strong category 3 hurricane far inland. Michael hit during the day, and I can tell you that it was terrifying. I can't imagine what those poor people went through last night. They are going to need our prayers and assistance in the days, months and years going forward.

Yes, prayers.  My boss' extended family lives in Southern Louisiana, so I hope they are doing okay.  I have not gotten a response to my query to the boss.

1 hour ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Yes, prayers.  My boss' extended family lives in Southern Louisiana, so I hope they are doing okay.  I have not gotten a response to my query to the boss.

I pray they'll be alright.

As part of Missouri Disaster Relief I have been called to respond. Will be leaving Saturday morning. 20 hours shifts.

Heard word my sister and bil evacuated. Their house still standing. Good news.

Not sure which chem plant is burning, would NOT want to be near any of them. Place was declared a superfund site. Toxic stuff. 

And they closed the I10 bridge. Good, it should have been closed years ago. Never liked driving over it. Built in the 20's in a sub tropical climate. Been unsafe for years.

We're having pop up storms here in Ohio now, nothing compared to Laura as yet. Rain gauge was reading at a little under an inch and a quarter this morning. Have storm going on now, pretty heavy rain and thunder.Just looked at my gauge and it's reading 2 1/2" now since about 1:15 this afternoon.:blush:

Best news coverage is on the weather channel. Major networks see more interested in Trump, BLM andCovid.:angry: My heat goes out to the victims of the storm. Went through it far too many times in 50 years on the Florida Coast.

Archived