SASS Wire Forum

White Gold

Subdeacon Joe

16 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Beautiful, Joe, beautiful!  I only wish I understood any of it. ;)

Yeah, I know the feeling.  With my hearing being so bad I think that even if they were singing in English I wouldn't understand them.  Might be why I like so much instrumental music and songs in foreign languages.  

I really enjoyed that!  

It sparked a memory.  About eight years ago or so a cousin got married.  Why on Earth he'd decided he wanted to find a Russian girl, I couldn't guess.  I had never met the lady, and really didn't know what to expect... although I will confess to anticipating just a few of our relatives and a crowd of babushkas.  

Anyway, on the given day,  Sassparilla Kid, Helen Brimstone and I saddled up for a day trip of over 500 miles to attend the event, at some place in Marin County. 

Well I gotta tell ya - I have never seen so many downright gorgeous and wholesome looking girls - of ALL ages - in one place at one time!   And they were ALL incredibly sweet...!   :blush:

Everything that afternoon was in Russian... the wedding ceremony, speeches, toasts, and songs, but a very sweet young lady translated everything for us Yankees. (Except the songs!) 

To borrow from Kid Shelleen... It was Swell!   ^_^

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Was it at St. Nicholas in San Anselmo?

It was in San Anselmo, but as I recall St Nicholas's was either not available or too small, so it was at the old San Francisco Theological Seminary.  

'Twas a good time... ya shoulda been there!  ^_^

Now that was gorgeous, Subdeacon, both to see and to hear.

Many thanks!

Archived