SASS Wire Forum

SCAM ALERT!!

You may receive a Text message.  Explaining there is a package that has been on "hold" since, Oh Say, February and to call the number provided to complete delivery or Pickup.  DONT.    Don't even think about it.  Don't open it.  DELETE it immediately. :ph34r:

Howdy,

I have phone service that puts the name of the caller on the corner of my tv.

A couple days ago I got a call from State Farm Insurance.

I answered the call and the caller started on about suspiceous activity

on my social security card.

Of course I hung up.

State Farm local office was very interested.

Maybe they will do something??

Best

CR

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

little any can do , but they will make an effort to save their name , interesting that these crimes are not pursued as hard as others 

The scammers are almost certainly located outside of the United States and in a foreign country that has no particular motivation to go after the scammers.  I suppose one could go after the U.S. based phone companies and force them to stop the scammers, but that would probably end up in court forever and since the phone companies themselves aren't the ones breaking the law, the chances of the government winning the case isn't certain.

14 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

You may receive a Text message.  Explaining there is a package that has been on "hold" since, Oh Say, February and to call the number provided to complete delivery or Pickup.  DONT.    Don't even think about it.  Don't open it.  DELETE it immediately. :ph34r:

I got one of these. I texted back asking for details and got a response that said "Call the number". I deleted it.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I got one of these. I texted back asking for details and got a response that said "Call the number". I deleted it.

For fun, call back with Google phone or something similar. That way, there is no direct link to you.

Archived