SASS Wire Forum

RO and Left Handed Shooters

Lil_Rob

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yer never supposed to watch the targets.

you are correct, TO primary responsibility is not to  watch targets or count, but should be aware of where bullets are hitting. How do you coach shooter if needed if he asks which target? How do you point out an edge hit, since the book says TO MAY be in be in the Best place to see an edge hit? 

TO duties when the beep sounds 

1) watch gun

2) count shots

3) coach shooter as needed

4) anticipate shooter 

5) be aware of where shooter is on target sequence. (by watching muzzle movement and/or targets peripherally. 
6) about 14 other things! 

there is more to being a good TO than just saying STANDBY and pushing the button. 

phantom, I Know you are a good TO. 

37 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Left handed 97's were brought up.   As was shooting them upside down.  This was an extension of that.  Sometimes tangents happen.

Tangents are cool... When they're short...

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

you are correct, TO primary responsibility is not to  watch targets or count, but should be aware of where bullets are hitting. How do you coach shooter if needed if he asks which target? How do you point out an edge hit, since the book says TO MAY be in be in the Best place to see an edge hit? 

TO duties when the beep sounds 

1) watch gun

2) count shots

3) coach shooter as needed

4) anticipate shooter 

5) be aware of where shooter is on target sequence. (by watching muzzle movement and/or targets peripherally. 
6) about 14 other things! 

there is more to being a good TO than just saying STANDBY and pushing the button. 

phantom, I Know you are a good TO. 

How do I help instruct which target? I follow the muzzle direction. 

Archived