SASS Wire Forum

Kenosha riots

Badlands Bob #61228

Looks like those folks in Kenosha aren't quite ready to lay down and let the rioters burn their stuff.  The rioters were chasing someone down the street and had them set up for the "CNN Headline Roundhouse kick" when the victim opened up with an AR-15 and killed 2 of them.  

Notice how quickly the street became quiet and empty after the man defended himself?  From fifty crazies chasing and calling for blood, to pin-drop quiet with the man walking alone down the empty street.

Context aside, deadly force appears to provide effective defense.  Still.

From what I saw at one point a short white guy is screaming at some of the armed militia 'shoot me n**, shoot me n**'. Later the same guy is on video chasing a guy with an AR and throwing a molotov cocktail at him. The guy with the AR then shoots the short white guy in the head. 

Another video picks up what looks like the same AR guy running from a mob and subsequently doing what Bob describes.

There's a special kind of stupid involved in chasing down a guy armed with an AR who just shot someone, when you're unarmed.  Did they think this guy was going to just lay down and get pounded? He already demonstrated he was willing to shoot someone.

2 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

Notice how quickly the street became quiet and empty after the man defended himself?  From fifty crazies chasing and calling for blood, to pin-drop quiet with the man walking alone down the empty street.

Context aside, deadly force appears to provide effective defense.  Still.

From what's been reported here in SE WI, he was being pursed after shooting someone just prior to the beginning of video footage.

Here you see the first guy to get shot asking to be shot.  It starts at about the 16 second mark (short guy in the red shirt). He asks to be shot at about the 1.05 mark. The skateboard guy who was the second person shot is also in this video.

Here's the same guy who wants to be shot throwing a molotov cocktail at the shooter (2 second mark) and getting his wish at the 10 second mark.  Video on the bottom.

And here the mob catch up to their intended victim and find out how guns work.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

From what I saw at one point a short white guy is screaming at some of the armed militia 'shoot me n**, shoot me n**'. Later the same guy is on video chasing a guy with an AR and throwing a molotov cocktail at him. The guy with the AR then shoots the short white guy in the head. 

Another video picks up what looks like the same AR guy running from a mob and subsequently doing what Bob describes.

There's a special kind of stupid involved in chasing down a guy armed with an AR who just shot someone, when you're unarmed.  Did they think this guy was going to just lay down and get pounded? He already demonstrated he was willing to shoot someone.

Lucky they weren't chasing someone with an over-sized mag, a bump stock and an attitude.

It's report now that the shooter is a 17 yr old from Illinois, who crossed state lines to defend property that wasn't his.

1 hour ago, Cemetery said:

It's report now that the shooter is a 17 yr old from Illinois, who crossed state lines to defend property that wasn't his.

Based on the videos I thought the ‘not’ militia were pretty disorganized and likely to get themselves in jeopardy. His decision to go there was ill advised in my opinion.

Having said that, the shootings looked justified.

There’s video evidence that the guy shot in the head was very aggressive and belligerent. There’s video of the shooter doing his best to get away from the belligerent guy then shooting him after he threw a Molotov cocktail at him and continued the pursuit.  I don’t see how that’s  a bad shoot.

Then evidence of the shooter again trying to get away, falling, getting hit by skateboard guy, shooting him, then dodging a head kick and shooting a guy brandishing a pistol.  I think he’s in the clear on that too.

I doubt all the protesters live in Kenosha, so why does it matter if the shooter does?

This will be interesting to see how it plays out.  In the two states I am familiar with CO and IA, deadly force is not allowed for defending property.    The question will become, at what point did the situation go from defending property to defending ones life.   

imho if the cops were doing their job, ie keeping the peace this would not happen.  I also understand how today’s political climate has tied their hands.  I expect we will see more of these confrontations if looters and rioters are allowed to continue unchecked.   

17 hours ago, Cemetery said:

And this is relevant how?

Of course, being under 18 may be an issue but that could result in a small fine and a "don't do it again" warning in this state

And look at how successful he was at clearing the street.  Maybe the people who run that place should take heed and issue their LEOs ammo and encourage them to use it.

So, I was watching Don Lemon on CNN.  He said that maybe Joe Biden and the Dems should condemn all the violence because of what the polls were saying.  Because of the polls.  Not because violence and the murder of 30 people are wrongs.  The polls.

33 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

So a 17 year old kid crosses state lines, gives interviews, and joins up with a group of individuals, ostensibly to protect property from rioters. 

Within a ten minute span, he’s killed two, wounded a third, and run away from the property he claimed to be protecting. 

Not the “Well regulated militia...” envisioned by the framers of the Constitution. . 

I see nothing wrong with any of this except the age of the shooter...and how many of his attackers were "under age", residents of the community, or NOT attacking others?

And please tell me just how you would have stood your ground and not run way from a mob that size that was attacking you.

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Why was the first shot lethal,

If I ever shoot anybody I'm going to try real damn hard to make it be lethal.

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And this is relevant how?

Of course, being under 18 may be an issue but that could result in a small fine and a "don't do it again" warning in this state

And look at how successful he was at clearing the street.  Maybe the people who run that place should take heed and issue their LEOs ammo and encourage them to use it.

If the city officials, mayor etc. would have gotten off their lazy duffs and did something to help this kid wouldn’t have been there. Ignore the violence in your city  and this is what you get . Yea he broke the law but I commend him for having the guts to do something !

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Here’s a fairly detailed sequence of events for the evening:  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Compare to the Korean grocers who defended their store during the LA riots:  

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/27/151526930/korean-store-owner-on-arming-himself-for-riots

Why did the “militia” not take up a defensive position around, within, or on top of the store, rather than allowing protestors to get within arm’s length?

There was no militia.

Did anyone in authority ask them to protect this store?  Was there any coordination with police?

It is their store.  They shouldn't have to ask anyone for the right to protect it.

Why was the first shot lethal, instead of an appropriate escalation of force?

Why, after the first lethal engagement, was the shooter left to fend for himself?  Why did another “militia” member not go with him?

Friends, I support citizen involvement in situations like this when the police are overwhelmed. I just think that a degree of training, and self-selection of who participates, can go a long way towards improving the outcome. 

I hope much is being learned, because there will be a next time. 

The rest of your comments are equally worthy of the leftist "let the government do it" mind set in California.

I remember that well: the LEOs were pulled off the scene and these people were left to their own devices.

South-eye Ned, Dumb Don also interviewed the mother of the man who was shot by police. She wasn't responding the way he wanted her to and CNN couldn't end the interview fast enough.

I'm sorry, but my impression from the press reports is that the 17 year old shooter, as well as other armed folks in the area, was a wannabe cop/soldier/video game hero, lacked the training to effectively respond to a riot, and ended up in a scenario he could not control or escape.  Stay home.  No amount of property damage is worth your life.  Defend your family and your home; don't roam the street looking for confrontation; you will likely find it.

LL

6 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Why did the “militia” not take up a defensive position around, within, or on top of the store, rather than allowing protestors to get within arm’s length?

Historians still debate the trials and triumphs of Colonial militia(s).  We might as well rehash that too. 

Washington wrote, “I am wearied to death all day with a variety of perplexing circumstances, disturbed at the conduct of the militia, whose behavior and want of discipline has done great injury to the other troops, who never had officers, except in a few instances, worth the bread they eat.” Washington added, “In confidence I tell you that I never was in such an unhappy, divided state since I was born.”

Yet, Liberty endured.

Where did a 17 year-old get that rifle (whatever type it is)?  If he got it from a parent or relative, with or without that person's knowledge, that person could be in a lot of trouble. If he got it from someone legally entitled to purchase, who swore it was for his/her own use, that is a straw-man sale, and that person should be prosecuted, if it can be determined who it was.  Right now the jeuv is being charged with murder.  If he was defending himself, I hope they dismiss or reduce the charges. He should have stayed home in Illinois. Unfortunately, there is no law against being stupid.  Of course, if the local and state officials had done their job in the first place, this whole bunch of night soil wouldn't have happened.

Stay well, Pards!

Milwaukee TV station did a "man on the street" interview with several people. When asked about the rioters who were shot, a Mr. Red Forman had only one thing to say. 

Pin on I Laugh

Archived