SASS Wire Forum

WTB Small and Lrg pistol primers

I know it's a long shot But would someone out there be willing to sell me some small and Lrg pistol primers. It's a lot to ask but I'm trying to keep my grandsons shooting and I'm running low on primers. As most know primers have all but dried up I found some in Oklahoma but the fellow wants $150 a thousand and I can't make myself pay that (honestly can't afford to pay that). Anything would help can't really use CCI's my stuff don't like them. Let me know if you can give a pard a hand..

Thanks,

I am well stocked.....may be able to help you out......email me at tomgraham01@msn.com

Tom

14 minutes ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

I am well stocked.....may be able to help you out......email me at tomgraham01@msn.com

Tom

send you an e-mail Thanks

OK....just checked COMPLETED auctions on GunBroker and WOW was I floored at what primers are selling for!!

Then I called a couple local shops who are all sold out of the common primers and have no way to get them......apparently we are back in a shortage situation because as has happened in the past the ammo companies are using all the primers to make ammo and not selling them to the public.

Seeing one box of 1,000 small Winchester pistol primers selling for $190 on an auction!!!!  YIKES!!

Went looking for some CCI caps to try out.  Dixie Gun Works was selling them for $8.75 but the limit was two tins. The catch was Hazmat fee was $30.00 plus 7.95 shipping for a grand total of $54.45 or just a hair over 27 cents a piece. :(

I just ordered 1k fed large pistol & 1 k win SG  primers from Sportsman Warehouse for pickup.No SP.

Largo

5 hours ago, Assassin said:

Sportsman's Warehouse had plenty of the large primers on the shelf yesterday. Feds were 27.99 per k. Limit 1k per day.

Sportsman's here has none.........

OK.....I have a pretty good stash of smalls and some large.  These are PISTOL primers.

I'll be listing a few boxes in the classifieds shortly.

2 minutes ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

OK.....I have a pretty good stash of smalls and some large.  These are PISTOL primers.

I'll be listing a few boxes in the classifieds shortly.

You know you can’t ship them, right?

45 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Hell I'll make a drive out to him if he has some for sale! Can't find any SPP here in CA so I don't mind driving to get my hands on some.

6 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Just about every auction site out there always has bulk primers for sale and I seriously doubt that many if any have the proper certification to legally ship primers......not saying it's legal, just pointing it out.

9 hours ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

Just about every auction site out there always has bulk primers for sale and I seriously doubt that many if any have the proper certification to legally ship primers......not saying it's legal, just pointing it out.

While that's true, it's really not ok. Some children successfully street race their parent's car without incident. It doesn't make the laws prohibiting it any less important because many children also crash into innocent bystanders and ruin lives. 

It's not a problem to ship undeclared restricted materials until a truck burns to a pile of molten goo on a highway somewhere and they do some serious investigating as to why. Or they pack it on an airplane, thinking it's just another box of nothing, and it ignites in the cargo hold and the plane goes down, crew and all. HAZMAT shipping requirements came around for very real and serious reasons; please don't endanger lives or encourage others to do so just to ship some powder to somebody under the table!

Drifter  You are so correct!!

Everything is fine until that package splits open ( best of worst case scenario's). the the feds come and

put you up in the grey bar hotel. Then they take all your guns at the same time they take you! then there's

bail, legal;l fees , etc.  How much you making on those primers or powder?!

That said you can't fix stupid you can only numb it with a bat!!

If you live and Arizona and are willing to drive to Prescott hit me up.......they ain't gonna be cheap, but you'll have some!!

Keep your powder dry!

Archived