SASS Wire Forum

coffee question stale.....

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I have heard Americans throw away huge amounts of edible food.

But I found a can of opened coffee in the back of a cabinet.

Exp date of 2016 but I made a pot just to see....

The first sip was ok but after a few it got pretty stale.

Should I just dump it in the garden or is there any possible use for it??

Best

CR

Howdy,

I just wanted to be sure it wasnt good for something....

I had wine go bad once and after I dumped it I was told

that it turns into vinegar and could be used as vinegar.

Stuff like that??

Best

CR

2 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

If it will make brown, hot liquid, give it to a Sailor.  They (we) will drink anything calling itself coffee.

'Specially Chiefs~!   ^_^

My wife's plants like coffee grounds.

Coffee grounds are great for removing odors from  fridges and freezers that have lost power causing odors.     just pour grounds on a plate and close the door.   Had a cooler with deer blood that didn't get cleaned up before it put away          GW

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Make sure that you scrub the coffee pot and their coffee mugs spotless. 

:D

Har!  :D

I've known a few chiefs.  An old friend of 40+ years is a retired Command Master Chief.  He met the love of his life in the Navy... and shortly before their wedding (thirty years ago!) she received a commission ~ what a hoot, the Master Chief marrying the Ensign!  

"So do ya gotta salute 'er, Mike?"

"Only at work, Rocko!  Only at work!"

I worked with a former Chief after he retired.  What that man could - and would - do to a pot or mug o' coffee was nothing short of abominable.  You could smell 'im coming down the hallway armed with a mug of something he called "coffee."  I swear, there was a faint creosote fragrance, and it would have an oil slick and unidentifiable bits of flotsam and jetsam floating about in the vessel.

I set up a shortcut on my desktop, and every time he'd walk in leaving a vapor trail I'd hit that shortcut and fire up an MP3 recording of "Anchors Aweigh."  The rest of the staff would look up with "Hunh?" expressions, and Dale would always nod appreciatively.  ;)

By the way... it's been my observation that Navy Chiefs and old cowboys have similar coffee philosophies.  cowboy.gif

Archived