SASS Wire Forum

BY this time tomorrow....

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Sorry, I didn't see this topic until this morning.  Still, prayers for a speedy recovery.

Update....a little late.

Bandages are gone, terrible bruising, but no remaining pain. Wasn't much pain ever except when they pulled all the stickers off ....and some itching.

I am very satisfied with the hardware, software, procedures, people, and results.  I don't even know it's there.  The software is keeping my pulse at 60-61 bpm except when I need it higher.  I got it up to 81 just to see if I could.

Procedure went very quickly and perfectly....except I was 8 hours late getting into the surgery because of three emergency heart attacks and some kid who ran his motorcycle into a guard rail.  The bike stopped but the driver didn't.  The instrument cluster hit him mighty hard.  He's still alive, but they won'r tell ME anything.

Nothing to eat after 8"am and nothing to drink after 10:am.  By the time I got out of surgery....about 1:20 am Tuesday.... I was starving and drier than a popcorn fart.  The cafeteria was closed until 8"am, but a nurse brought me a bottle of water and about two hours later smuggled a machine sandwich....turkey on rye and only marginally food....that another nurse had got for her supper but fell asleep before she could eat it.  As soon as the cafeteria opened I ordered a double bacon and cheese burger with onion rings and a coke.  I got a breakfast burrito with canned peaches and coffee.  Cafeteria doesnt make burgers until noon.

Everything considered it all went amazingly well and I left the hospital exactly 24 hours after I had checked in.

The people who sell this marvel had four reps ON the OR floor, and the chief salesman said he'd get me a salesman's dummy to hang around my neck and show off.

So far I'd have to recommend this to anyone getting a pacemaker if it can'r be done.  There is NO external evidence of its existence excepT a 1" x 1/2'' scar about an inch below where an appendix scar would be.  Another week of light duty and I'm good to go back to what passes for normal in my world.

I'll have to carry a medical Alert device and an ID card for the rest of my life, and they will monitor me every month or so.

There 'tis, my story of step two to becoming bionic.

Archived