SASS Wire Forum

It Ain't THAT Bad

Subdeacon Joe

Somebody forgot to mention wall-to-wall nutcases... and a few other not-so-minor issues.   :wacko:

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Somebody forgot to mention wall-to-wall nutcases... and a few other not-so-minor issues.   :wacko:

Well, Hardpan, it looks to me like a measure of those folks have

already migrated to Portland, Oregon and Seattle Washington. 

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

This might be a good time to be a home generator salesman in California.  

Are they allowed to have gasoline generators?  I figured they'd have to use solar panels, but the batteries can't contain any chemicals known to the state of california to cause cancer. 

Saturday we drove 50 miles to the range heavy smoke all the way 

but Coyote valley  was clear air and  all we could see was blue skies 

2 hours shooten the plate racks 

then trip to In and Out burgers Double Doubles and PLASTIC straw made the day better

today the smoke is the worst I have seen in 63 years of living the SF bay area 

and we are over 50 miles from any fire 

I’m reminded of an old movie, “Who’s minding the mint?”

At one point the screwball plot to rob the mint (actually the US printing office) was coming apart.
When it looks like they’ll be caught. Jack Guilford’s character, an ex-con, is talking about prison life.

”It’s not so bad”, he says. “Sometimes on Tuesday they have Jello” :lol:

Could you Californios PLEASE keep the smoke from your wildfires at home?  We have enough similar problems in Colorado right now!  I think somebody has stolen the mountains as they have not been seen from the Denver area for quite a few days now! :(  Fortunately, we have air conditioning in our house, as it is almost impossible to open the windows, plus we have had weeks of 95+ temps.  Wearing masks outdoors (mandated by the governor) has a dual purpose now. 

Stay safe and well, Pards!

The air quality index is into the OMG and ghastly range.
There is gonna be tons of lung cancer in the future, from these fires, and those of the previous years.

However.. (for us) it is much less costly to stay living right where we are, than to jump into 2x higher property taxes and a big mortgage.

5 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Could you Californios PLEASE keep the smoke from your wildfires at home?  We have enough similar problems in Colorado right now!  I think somebody has stolen the mountains as they have not been seen from the Denver area for quite a few days now! :(  Fortunately, we have air conditioning in our house, as it is almost impossible to open the windows, plus we have had weeks of 95+ temps.  Wearing masks outdoors (mandated by the governor) has a dual purpose now. 

Stay safe and well, Pards!

I’ve got plenty of smoke from the Grand Junction fire right now. Haven’t seen a sunset for 3 days.

You have AC? Fancy! ;)

9 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Are they allowed to have gasoline generators?  I figured they'd have to use solar panels, but the batteries can't contain any chemicals known to the state of california to cause cancer. 

Seriously! We have two gas generators and one propane generator.

14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Seriously! We have two gas generators and one propane generator.

OK but that doesn't tell me if you're allowed to turn them on.  It's not like it was a ridiculous question. 

Anyway, I hear mexico is complaining about the smoke now. 

pretty bad 1.5 million acres burned  2 fires close to my range in morgan hill have burned in to one huge fire . it will be 2 million before they are out . local new keeps changing what STATE equals what has burned  New jersey today  

On a positive note, if it all burns, there will be nothing left to burn for a few years.:unsure:

The CA  legislature will then have all of that excess money usually used to fight fires to "burn" on their pet projects. 

Archived