SASS Wire Forum

In my garage this morning...HOT & Muggy

Pat Riot

I went out at 06:30 to do some reload prep. Trying a new (to me) powder called Sport Pistol in 9mm with 115 grain TMJ bullets. 

It was and still is 85+ degrees in there with 96% humidity. What the hell’s going on with the weather here lately? Jeees!

Could not see the sun at sunset last night. Total smoke cloud. At least it cools down at night.

I tried to do some chainsaw work before it got hot this morning. Almost made it. Got hot anyway. 

My reloading table is also in the garage.  I’m waiting for autumn.

I really don’t mind heat. It’s that darned humidity that gets me. I hate it. 

Who was it said it’s “Air that you wear”?

My wife is talking about retiring in PA - I am all for Arizona. I reminded her that humidity in PA is a months long event. Not a couple of weeks. 

Mowed the "Sow's Ear" this morning fairly early. Tried to get it done before it got overbearing. Almost made it, hit a yard line marker that I hadn't seen before. Had to take the mower back home to check it over. Blade might be bent a tad, it runs but has  a slight vibration that wasn't there before. Marker appears to be some rebar.:blink::(:blush:

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife is talking about retiring in PA - I am all for Arizona. I reminded her that humidity in PA is a months long event. Not a couple of weeks. 

Monsoon season in AZ will make your garage in SoCal feel like paradise.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think it was Chickasaw Bill.  After seeing him post it,  I’ve used it my own self.  ;)

Descriptive ain’t it.

19 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I think it was Chickasaw Bill.  After seeing him post it,  I’ve used it my own self.  ;)

Descriptive ain’t it.

Thanks J-Bar. I use it as well. 

It is definitely the perfect description. :D

Thanks Chickasaw Bill. :)

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’m next door to PA in Ohio , this has been a especially hot and humid summer and I’m right by the lake which is a little cooler but not this year!

Archived