SASS Wire Forum

It Comes With A Bottle Opener

Subdeacon Joe

The Israeli Galil rifle also had a genuine bottle opener on it!

I'm sure that this makes me a terrible person, but I would have to call it poetic justice if the enemy attacked and he was only able to get off one shot, because his magazine was bent and would not feed.

He's dead, but by damn he got the beer open.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'm sure that this makes me a terrible person, but I would have to call it poetic justice if the enemy attacked and he was only able to get off one shot, because his magazine was bent and would not feed.

He's dead, but by damn he got the beer open.

I doubt a bottle cap would do anything to a GI 1911 mag.

Uncle Carl (rest his skinny old coal mine bricklayer's soul!) bought a brand new 1969 Ford 3/4 ton, and immediately set about finding every last location where a man could open a bottle of beer.

His research was as dedicated as he was hard working:  if memory serves, he said he found 27 places ... things like the tongues of the seat belt, the door latches, multiple places on the tail gate ...

I do recall seeing a picture of a Soviet soldier with his Tokarev slide locked back: slide and guide rod served as the two points needed to open a bottle ... I'd be afraid of bending the guide rod, myself, but what do I know.

This was the same soldier that was later photographed using his PPSh submachine gun as a seat: buttplate on the ground, muzzle up behind his spine and his backside parked on the drum magazine, using an entrenching tool as a skillet to fry eggs over a wood fire.

No cup holder?

47 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Uncle Carl (rest his skinny old coal mine bricklayer's soul!) bought a brand new 1969 Ford 3/4 ton, and immediately set about finding every last location where a man could open a bottle of beer.

His research was as dedicated as he was hard working:  if memory serves, he said he found 27 places ... things like the tongues of the seat belt, the door latches, multiple places on the tail gate ...

I do recall seeing a picture of a Soviet soldier with his Tokarev slide locked back: slide and guide rod served as the two points needed to open a bottle ... I'd be afraid of bending the guide rod, myself, but what do I know.

This was the same soldier that was later photographed using his PPSh submachine gun as a seat: buttplate on the ground, muzzle up behind his spine and his backside parked on the drum magazine, using an entrenching tool as a skillet to fry eggs over a wood fire.

Feller prolly made Commisar. :lol:

Archived