SASS Wire Forum

Another New Shooter looking for gear

Doc Marks

Hello all, I know there is a similar post for another pard in the same boat.  I have leather though I could use a new pair of chaps.  The ones I wore as a younger man have shrunk significantly with age....who am I kidding, I’m just fat.

3xl shirt, 46 x 32 or longer pant (I can hem).  Could use vest/waistcoat, sack coat, basically any type of clothing in that size will be considered.  

I Am interested in a pair of 357’s, I have a 357 ‘73 already.  Also interested in a 44mag vaquero.  I’m also looking for a stainless single 7 (for non sass shooting).  And I desperately need a decent scattergun (sxs only, not interested in pump guns/no offense intended just prefer sxs). 

I have a smattering of gear and guns from a lifetime of shooting cowboy action stuff privately so if it seems counterintuitive why I seem to have some stuff and am severely lacking in other areas is because my interest in the genre has been non-sass for 20 years.  Now that I’m shooting sass I’m much more focused and my needs are more comprehensive.  I hope this makes sense.  The pards at my first shoot the other weekend were befuddled that I was a “new shooter” and my guns have holster wear and are well broken in and my gun leather has obviously been well used.  Anyway, thanks for reading.  I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff I need that I’m not thinking of.  If you have something to get rid of let me know, chances are good I’ll need it.  Even if I don’t, I’m not opposed to giving in to “wants” either.  

10 minutes ago, Doc Marks said:

Thanks!  I was thinking I’d give someone here the chance to unload theirs before I went to an auction site.  But appreciate the reminder.  Unless that’s bad form, should I try the auction sites first?

You did fine.  However, some firearms no longer in production can be hard to find.  I bought my Ruger 44 mags new but had to buy my 357s used.

Regarding a shotgun: are you looking for a SxS, a '97 or a lever action shotgun?  That will help readers determine your need.

I have a like new Cimarron 1878 hammered shotgun.  It was my backup gun and the only time I shot it was for one round of Skeet just to try it out. $649. shipped to the 48.

15 hours ago, Doc Marks said:

Thanks!  I was thinking I’d give someone here the chance to unload theirs before I went to an auction site.  But appreciate the reminder.  Unless that’s bad form, should I try the auction sites first?

check out the SASS Merchant link, there are a number of items there that you are looking for.

TM

Contact High Noon Henry in NC.  I believe he has some of what you're looking for as far as .357.  You can PM him from the Cowboy Wire.

Doc, what kind of vest do you want?  I have this grey double-breasted vest I thought would work for gambler, cattle baron, or lawman look, but my wife said she'd have to take in a lot of fabric to make it fit for me.  It says 58R.  It's yours if you want to try to make it work for you.

Vest grey.jpeg

On 8/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, Nickel City Dude said:

I have a like new Cimarron 1878 hammered shotgun.  It was my backup gun and the only time I shot it was for one round of Skeet just to try it out. $599. shipped to the 48.

Bill, you quoted my post and then didn't type anything.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, Doc Marks said:

Hello all, I know there is a similar post for another pard in the same boat.  I have leather though I could use a new pair of chaps.  The ones I wore as a younger man have shrunk significantly with age....who am I kidding, I’m just fat.

3xl shirt, 46 x 32 or longer pant (I can hem).  Could use vest/waistcoat, sack coat, basically any type of clothing in that size will be considered.  

I Am interested in a pair of 357’s, I have a 357 ‘73 already.  Also interested in a 44mag vaquero.  I’m also looking for a stainless single 7 (for non sass shooting).  And I desperately need a decent scattergun (sxs only, not interested in pump guns/no offense intended just prefer sxs). 

I have a smattering of gear and guns from a lifetime of shooting cowboy action stuff privately so if it seems counterintuitive why I seem to have some stuff and am severely lacking in other areas is because my interest in the genre has been non-sass for 20 years.  Now that I’m shooting sass I’m much more focused and my needs are more comprehensive.  I hope this makes sense.  The pards at my first shoot the other weekend were befuddled that I was a “new shooter” and my guns have holster wear and are well broken in and my gun leather has obviously been well used.  Anyway, thanks for reading.  I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff I need that I’m not thinking of.  If you have something to get rid of let me know, chances are good I’ll need it.  Even if I don’t, I’m not opposed to giving in to “wants” either.  

Doc, just posted the following:

Getting out of the game.  For sale set of consecutive numbered .38 Old Model Ruger Vaqueros.  $1,300.00 + shipping for pair, sold as pair only.

...Buffalo Horn Gunfighter Grips
...Black Hawk Hammers
...Wolfe Spring Kits

Hello Nickle City Dude saw your post regarding you have a Cimmaron 1878 hammer shotgun.  Is it still available could you send some pics.   Have interest in it.  Thank you.   Redscoutdogs@yahoo.com

Archived