The Things People Leave At On Ramps

Subdeacon Joe

Joe Lovell
6h · 

Image may contain: outdoor
Nebraska State PatrolLike Page
8h · 

Somewhere, somebody is asking themselves: "Now where did I leave that tank?"

Don't worry, we found it. It's on a trailer parked on the on-ramp of I-80 near Overton.

P.S. It's a bridge laying vehicle and we know who it belongs to. So, no you can't claim it. We're working to make sure it gets to where it needs to get.

Details: https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/troopers-working-return-ab…

#PatrolTheGoodLife #Tank #LostAndFound

How many miles to the gallon does it get?

I only caught a glimpse of it as I passed it on I-25 in a construction zone south of Castle Rock, Colorado, and I still can't figure out what it was doing parked right in with the heavy equipment, but there sat a tank, gun tube and all!  Couldn't get a good look as the traffic is limited to two lanes with concrete barriers on each side (no shoulders) except where the dozers, scrapers and the tank were parked (it was Sunday) and the lanes have shifted back and forth with seams that will grab your wheels if you don't maintain a death grip on them!  :unsure::wacko:

More details

TROOPERS WORKING TO RETURN ABANDONED MILITARY VEHICLE

August 20, 2020

(North Platte, NEB.)

The Nebraska State Patrol is working with the South Dakota National Guard to make sure a large military vehicle reaches its appropriate destination in South Dakota.

This morning, a trooper was made aware that the vehicle, which is used in engineering operations, was sitting on a parked trailer at the Interstate 80 on-ramp near Overton. The trooper found the vehicle and noticed markings which identified that it belongs to the South Dakota National Guard. NSP has since learned that the trailer was abandoned sometime yesterday by the driver of a trucking company contracted to move the vehicle for the Guard.

The vehicle, which is part of the South Dakota National Guard 211th Engineer Company, had been returning to South Dakota after a training mission in California. NSP is working with the South Dakota National Guard to return the vehicle to South Dakota, as well as locate the driver who abandoned the trailer and military vehicle.

Archived