SASS Wire Forum

What fell off your truck? This morning 3 portapotties fell off a truck

Dirty Dog Doug

Lucky the cars that hit them they where new and empty 

Very Lucky for Highway Patrol that has to clear the road 

A few years ago I watched a quad fly out when someone truck hit big bump in the freeway 

it just about exploded when it hit pavement and tumbled 

When new flight students are first issued nomex jumpsuits, there’s invariably one who heads to the latrine, unzips the suit, rolls the Suit’s upper part and sleeves off their torso, turns to squat,...

And realizes a moment too late that they just dunked the sleeves in the toilet. 

I've never dodged a porta potty when riding a motorcycle, but ladders, car tires and storage racks, yes. It makes it exciting going to work in the dark at 5 am only to see a very large item in your lane. Your brain recognizes the shape after you've gone past a few seconds.:o

as I drive the freeway around the SF bay area  I see lots of ladders .

some poor guys gets to work and looks for his ladder ,,, I should have strapped it down 

Ladders, wheelbarrows, auto parts, wheels with tires on them, buckets of paint and other stuff, wire, rope, string mule tape (got me about a hunnert feet one time....and the spool at the end of course LOL) couches, chairs....the only thing I'm sure of is I ain't seen all types of junk. Yet. LOL

Funniest was a couple decades ago in Houston. There's this freeway ring goes around town. Pretty handy. -I650 or something. Me and my partner was going from the airport to the jail, "He" was driving. We're behind one of those stakebed two ton trucks with every type of construction crap loaded on to it up to the top rail. About six feet high. At the top, like a cherry on a sundae was this wheelbarrow. Wasn't strapped. Soon as that truck hit oh.....sixty that wheelbarrow became a sail I saw it coming;

Leon....Leon.....LEON!!! WHeelbarrow! as it tipped up and flew back at us. leon does the shimmy-sham-shimmy leftie/rightie just missing the thing as it landed square in front of our rental car.  Then I heard the eeeeeEEEEE!!!! BASH!, looked through the back window to see the car (one of'em) center punch that thing. Which was when I noticed the wheelbarrow tire going boing-boing-boing and into another car. BOING! Got one more boing out of it before it went over the wall into opposing traffic.....eeeEEEEE BASH!

It was only funny because it wasn't US going eeeEEE-BASH!

Archived