SASS Wire Forum

Where to find a TTN hammered double right and left sear spring

ethan callahan

I called Cimmaron they are out. 

Neumrich only has originals from a colt 1878 hammered double.

I sent a PM to the TTN person on here that slicks them up to see if he had any for sale, no reply yet.

Does anyone have a Right and Left sear spring for my old poor TTN so she can play with the other TTN's at home?

I wouldn't mind 2 sets either...

send me a PM

Ethan,

I can't help you with the springs but I see you are in Nashville? Have you shot with us at Wartrace? If not, you should, if so, sorry i missed meeting you.

I've been shooting a TTN for 10+ years, never needed any parts. You've got me to thinking.....

Chickamauga Slim

58 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Ethan,

I can't help you with the springs but I see you are in Nashville? Have you shot with us at Wartrace? If not, you should, if so, sorry i missed meeting you.

I've been shooting a TTN for 10+ years, never needed any parts. You've got me to thinking.....

Chickamauga Slim

Made it to the State shoot last year there...  not sure if I will be down there this yr or not...   

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

599d18123eef9_CimarronvsColt1878lockAugust2017.jpg.1f556c800de678bd30085cae6a0f3e6a.jpg

I don't think anyone would guarantee it, but an original Colt 1878 and lock out of a Cimarron 1878 look to be very close to the same.  Colt on top.

The difference may be in the lock at the end on top.  TTN has a pin that goes through the plate, Colt is more like a Daudsons with a fingernail type hook. You may be able to see it in the picture. Notice how the Colt is up against the ledge as the TTN appears to just float.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

just ordered 3 sets  thanks

10 hours ago, ethan callahan said:

just ordered 3 sets  thanks

Hi Ethan,

I developed that design awhile back but didn't have time to market it. So, i gave it to the Slix spring guys because they were already making a top latch spring for the TTN's. So, something you should know. You will need to clearance around the bridle where the spring goes under so it doesn't bind the sear movement.

Archived