SASS Wire Forum

New Shooter Looking For Supplies

Hello everyone, a good friend of mine came out to watch a shoot this past weekend and had a great time. He commented how everyone was so nice and welcomed him. He is now eager and excited to get started in CAS. So far in a week he has spent a little over 2,000.00 and got himself 2 pistols, rifle and gun cart. Thanks again to Santa Fe Steve for the free gun cart. So I am trying to help him continue his journey for gear. He is still looking for holsters, belt (34-36 pant), shot shell belt, hat ( 7 1/4 ) and maybe some clothes ( large shirt, 34-36 pants). If anyone has some stuff they might be willing to sell let me know. He is not asking for hand outs but budget is starting to get a little tight LOL. Thanks again.

I may have a couple large shirts that he can have. Let me check and I'll let ya know!;)

What rifle and pistola cartridge?

I might have a couple spare holsters and a belt without loops. I would need to know what barrel length and if he's going with double straight or what hand cross draw. I can also throw in a shot shell slide in 12ga. None of it will likely match but it'll get him started. If he isnt picky about his attire I have a pair of pants that should fit him. They say 38 but I cant fit them and all my other 38's fit fine. Pretty sure I have a couple large shirts and even a vest that should work for him. Send me a pm and i'll give you my # we can likely get him set up pretty quick. 

Was he at firelands last week? 

Jack

Great to encourage a new shooter!

Many of us started out by raiding our closet or the local 2nd hand store (Goodwill, etc) for a SASS-approved shirt and pants.  I still have my pants (belt loops removed and suspender buttons added).  They make a good option if we plan to work on the range after shooting.

Sounds like this shoot still needs a scattergun?

2 hours ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

Yse still needs a scatter gun. He will most likely use mine till he gets one.

I've got a 20 guage hammer shotgun, $200.00 it's a JW2000 It's pretty stiff, it needs some work to loosen it up but it's never been fired! I also have a box of 20 gauge ammo to go with it. 

I have a canvas shotgun shell belt 3" width, 12g., 36" to center hole - 39" to last hole. He can have it for the price of shipping. Let me  know if he's interested .

Dutch ,

I've got an AYA "Matador" 12ga. that has been my second back-up.

I got new springs (kinda stiff) put into it last year .

It's a great shooter and shucks shell nicely.

If your friend is interested I can email pic's if I get an email address via a PM.

I need to get $800 for the side by side.

Thx.   X   Mark

On 8/20/2020 at 6:08 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Sizes would help a lot

The make, model and barrel length of his revolvers would be useful too.

I just posted some pictures, but could not get the text on the same page.  Posted pictures are a hand carved double rig for NMV or same size.  The other rig is a El Paso  Duke double holster.  Either one $190.00 plus shipping.

Pecos Smith

AKA Dale Loyd

vaccolt45@yahoo.com

The people of SASS are absolutely amazing. Thank u so much J. Mark Flint and all the others who have answered to help a new shooter out get started in the sport. U all have shown such good will it truly amazing to see the kindness you have shown especially in these times.

1 hour ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

The people of SASS are absolutely amazing. Thank u so much J. Mark Flint and all the others who have answered to help a new shooter out get started in the sport. U all have shown such good will it truly amazing to see the kindness you have shown especially in these times.

I sent you a PM on the cost to ship the shotgun belt. Let me know if it's a go.

17 hours ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

It is amazing isn't it? It's like when a gun breaks at a shoot you have 10 guys wanting to loan you a gun to finish the match!

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It is amazing isn't it? It's like when a gun breaks at a shoot you have 10 guys wanting to loan you a gun to finish the match!

Don't you dare put your broken gun voodoo mojo on me Mr. Miles!

Archived