SASS Wire Forum

WTB 73 Unjammer tool

So why do I need to buy an 84.00 tool, when I can just work the lever until the bolt is most of the way back, and just use a regular screwdriver to remove the last shell? The first nine are no problem, push down the ladle and use your finger or a small screwdriver to lift them out. Been there, done that.

2 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

So why do I need to buy an 84.00 tool, when I can just work the lever until the bolt is most of the way back, and just use a regular screwdriver to remove the last shell? The first nine are no problem, push down the ladle and use your finger or a small screwdriver to lift them out. Been there, done that.

Because your screw driver is not thin enough and shaped to clear all three of the common '73 jams. 

UJT Kits are available for the DIY folks

And they are purdy :D

So another toy (I mean tool) is a question here?? Come on cowboys/girls!! Really? If they were about $50 bucks I’d be all in!! Although I Shoot a 45 and don’t seem to have the 38 curse...

Good idea PV Gunworks!!

TB

I guess I'm lucky and my ammo doesn't jam my '66's or '73's. Maybe I'll have to watch the other videos to see what the other 2 common jams are.

22 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I guess I'm lucky and my ammo doesn't jam my '66's or '73's. Maybe I'll have to watch the other videos to see what the other 2 common jams are.

Slim, I also never have a jam nor jack out a round, though I see it a lot.  I guess we are shooting too slow. 

Oh, I can jack out a round as good as anybody!

I watched all the videos now, and the jam caused by using the wrong ammo(45 colt in a 44-40 gun, for  example), the tool would come in handy.

Gr Industries sells a screw475512133_GRcustomscrewknifeandsheathpic1.thumb.JPG.ff3aede24adc0cb43383c7a2f6f43a67.JPG knife it you want tha t with a custom sheath. 

G&R custom screw knife and sheath pic2.JPG

Gunrunner Pete can be reached at :

peter@2grindustries.com 

Screw knives &70 to $100 and

sheaths are $15 to $20

plus shipping most likely 3 day priority USPS

G&R custom screw knife and sheath pic4.jpg

G&R custom screw knife and sheath pic5.jpg

R and R: I bought it for my daughter to shoot but we haven't been to a match with it yet, just practicing. I bought another shorter stock for her as she is only 5' tall. She does pretty well at 200 yards with it, need to try out further.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Slim, I also never have a jam nor jack out a round, though I see it a lot.  I guess we are shooting too slow. 

Abilene, you really gonna go down that path? I will start keeping an eye on you until I see a jam. LOL

Texas Maverick

13 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

Abilene, you really gonna go down that path? I will start keeping an eye on you until I see a jam. LOL

Texas Maverick

Haha, now it will probably happen this weekend!

Very often when a shooter (ESPECIALLY less experienced shooters) has a jam during a stage, the TO whips out his screwknife and helps unjam it.  Obviously, this will not fly in a big match.

20 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Haha, now it will probably happen this weekend!

Very often when a shooter (ESPECIALLY less experienced shooters) has a jam during a stage, the TO whips out his screwknife and helps unjam it.  Obviously, this will not fly in a big match.

That is very true, I have seen that a number of times and have even handed my screwknife to them to use when they didn't have one handy. See ya Saturday.

TM

Archived