SASS Wire Forum

CAS locations on Google

Dungannon Gunner

https://www.google.com/maps/d/view?mid=1a5THNVZ2Dm_-CUf9h8jW6-fO8k1DPpab&usp=sharing

I developed a map that might help to streamline the planning of trips incorporating Cowboy Action Shooting matches. This map contains SASS affiliated locations’ listings derived from the SASS website. Always, always check with the club directly before making any definite plans. Some of these clubs’ locations and websites as listed were almost impossible to confirm and/or update. Depending upon the number of views/interests I will update and enhance the attributes of the map.
For corrections, please contact Dungannon Gunner via the SASS Wire Forum.

Wow!!!  Thanks. I'm going to link this to our website.

Thank you for all that work!

Thank you. Please see if this works without changing

https://www.google.com/maps/d/view?mid=1a5THNVZ2Dm_-CUf9h8jW6-fO8k1DPpab&usp=sharing

You put a lot of work into that. Thank you. Sorry to have to report that the Shady Creek Shootists in Little York, Illinois is no longer in existence.

1 hour ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

You put a lot of work into that. Thank you. Sorry to have to report that the Shady Creek Shootists in Little York, Illinois is no longer in existence.

Hi Marshal Chance Morgun. Sorry to hear that the range closed. I have deleted from the map. Your welcome, thanks for the compliment and update!

This is a very cool idea!  Thank you Dungannon.  Not sure but I think you intend for this to be ACSA.  (see below) You did good figuring out we shoot at the same place Winter Range is but these guys have nothing to do  with cowboy shooting.  Ben Avery is a huge range, like the size of Rhode Island huge.  Multiple clubs, multiple shooting disciplines, etc.  I think if you use "Ben Avery"  in Google and not the official address it might come out correctly but you still won't have our link as we use a P.O. Box.  The Arizona Cowboy Action Shooters website is acsainc.com.  Cowtown - just down the road from us looks great in the map.

Yur Pard,

Lou

image.png.c936172beda39580cc8fdcfefa2ee5c8.png

image.png

image.png

Very helpful map!  I would like to make a slight correction.  Comanche Valley Vigilantes and Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club share the same range/location at the Ormsby Ranch outside Cleburne, TX  The map shows the  CVV address being the Land Owners' home. Don't go knockin' there please! 

The access gate is on 1108 (just off 1434) and is correctly shown for LSFSC.

This a private range only, open on the 2nd & 4th weekends (Sat & Sun) for CAS shooting only.

Come out and join the fun!  We have new "BIG" targets and more a comin' !!!

Again, great idea !!!

On 8/16/2020 at 11:25 PM, Dungannon Gunner said:

I developed a map that might help to streamline the planning of trips incorporating Cowboy Action Shooting matches. This map contains SASS affiliated locations’ listings derived from the SASS website. Always, always check with the club directly before making any definite plans. Some of these clubs’ locations and websites as listed were almost impossible to confirm and/or update. Depending upon the number of views/interests I will update and enhance the attributes of the map.
For corrections, please contact Dungannon Gunner via the SASS Wire Forum.

Well Done. Very commendable work, Sir. And I say "yea" to the sticky for this post.

Wow.  As everyone else has said, thanks for doing this.  The listing for the Robbers Roost Vigilantes in Ridgecrest, CA, links to the Ridgecrest Gun Range Association (RGRA) which is fine, that's where we shoot.  But the photos are of the public range, with guys benching modern rifles.  There are photos of the cowboy range on that RGRA website.  The SASS club's website is www.robbersroostvigilantes.com.  Thanks again for doing this.  

Newt

1 hour ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Wow.  As everyone else has said, thanks for doing this.  The listing for the Robbers Roost Vigilantes in Ridgecrest, CA, links to the Ridgecrest Gun Range Association (RGRA) which is fine, that's where we shoot.  But the photos are of the public range, with guys benching modern rifles.  There are photos of the cowboy range on that RGRA website.  The SASS club's website is www.robbersroostvigilantes.com.  Thanks again for doing this.  

Newt

Please check your link. I made the change you requested but the link takes me to a pharmacy. I also tried it on my phone and wife's laptop and same thing. 

Yes Great work. I'm sure there will be a bug or two to work out, but that's normal. What I like is how it give you quick reference to exactly where a club is and proximity to other clubs. If it was up to me, I'd give you a year's membership free. Maybe even two!

16 hours ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

Please check your link. I made the change you requested but the link takes me to a pharmacy. I also tried it on my phone and wife's laptop and same thing. 

The link is correct.  I don't know what's going on.  Don't worry about it.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Hot Tamale said:

Very helpful map!  I would like to make a slight correction.  Comanche Valley Vigilantes and Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club share the same range/location at the Ormsby Ranch outside Cleburne, TX  The map shows the  CVV address being the Land Owners' home. Don't go knockin' there please! 

The access gate is on 1108 (just off 1434) and is correctly shown for LSFSC.

This a private range only, open on the 2nd & 4th weekends (Sat & Sun) for CAS shooting only.

Come out and join the fun!  We have new "BIG" targets and more a comin' !!!

Again, great idea !!!

Thank you. Corrections made and please let me know if anything else needs changed. I also included links for each

Great link! Couple changes for you. The directions for the Rangeless Riders in Illinois give Hilliard Township, if you look there you will see Brittany Shooting Park just south of the arrow, that is where the Rangeless Riders shoot on the Ist Saturday of the month. Also The Midwest Gunfighters shoot at the World Shooting Complex near Sparta, IL. That’s the group that puts on an annual, I think the State Shoot. The Kaskaskia Cowboys also shoot there every 2nd Saturday. Another club, The Effingham Free Grazers, that was SASS affiliated for 17 years but shut down in 2018 Have recently started up again. They shoot the 2nd Saturday at the Effingham County Sportsmans Club. Here’s a link to the club’s web site :  http://www.effinghamsportsmansclub.com/home.html

2 hours ago, Bull Skinner said:

Great link! Couple changes for you. The directions for the Rangeless Riders in Illinois give Hilliard Township, if you look there you will see Brittany Shooting Park just south of the arrow, that is where the Rangeless Riders shoot on the Ist Saturday of the month. Also The Midwest Gunfighters shoot at the World Shooting Complex near Sparta, IL. That’s the group that puts on an annual, I think the State Shoot. The Kaskaskia Cowboys also shoot there every 2nd Saturday. Another club, The Effingham Free Grazers, that was SASS affiliated for 17 years but shut down in 2018 Have recently started up again. They shoot the 2nd Saturday at the Effingham County Sportsmans Club. Here’s a link to the club’s web site :  http://www.effinghamsportsmansclub.com/home.html

Hello Bull Skinner, Thank you for the compliment and club updates. I made all the changes except adding the Effingham Free Grazers. I looked on the Effingham sportsman club website http://www.effinghamsportsmansclub.com/cowboy-action-shooting.html      and they do not show the SASS affiliated logo nor are they listed on the SASS website. Please if its there and I missed it someone let me know and I will make the changes

You are right, currently not SASS, BUT I’m workin’ on it. The Sass affiliation was dropped when we shut down after 2017 season due to us old guys That started The club in 2000 and running it for 17 years finally burning out both physically and mentally.  A younger crew took charge in 2019.

On 8/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, Ocoee Red #31751 said:

Great job and Kudos to you Gunner, I meant to tell you that in person yesterday at the match!

Thank Ocoee. I am just trying to give back a little.   Fast Eddie and I had a great time at your match. You guys have a nice club and some great Tennessee and Georgia folks!!

Just Plain Fantastic.  Thanks for posting Pilgrim.

Jackrabbit joe & Sly Puppy

Sun City, Az

On 8/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, Cahawbakid said:

Please recheck the Alabama club listing. The Alabama Rangers are not listed 

Thank you for pointing this out to me. Here is the story. Looks like 2 clubs share the same location (Alabama Rangers and Vulcan Long Rifles). Unless you click on the list name one covers up the other. Kind of of a solution I moved your location down the road a few hundred feet. Hope that was ok. Thanks again!                       DG

• 3 months later...

BTT

Any changes for 2021 ? Please let me know and I will get the updates loaded.

Archived