SASS Wire Forum

Christmas 2020...

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Christmas stuff already? Gimme a break!

I just got my lights down last week!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

...already being set up with store dis[lays in Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  It's heading for a year around sales event

This happens every year.  The CRAFT STORES get the Christmas stuff out well before Labor Day so the crafters can start working on the items for craft fairs and gifts.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

This happens every year.  The CRAFT STORES get the Christmas stuff out well before Labor Day so the crafters can start working on the items for craft fairs and gifts.

You beat me to it, SDJ.  Yes the crafters will always be the first to see the holiday displays because of the lead time it takes to make many of their items.  My local quilt shop has had Christmas fabric in for a couple of weeks now. 

2 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

You beat me to it, SDJ.  Yes the crafters will always be the first to see the holiday displays because of the lead time it takes to make many of their items.  My local quilt shop has had Christmas fabric in for a couple of weeks now. 

Yep.  Unless you are talking baked goods you can't wait until after Thanksgiving.  

Well, things bein what they are today, I can’t blame any retailers for doing whatever they think will keep them in business. So I’ll give em a pass for this year.

We already booked our room in Sedona for the Festival of Lights on December 12th. I'm looking forward to the Desert Botanical Gardens Holiday display. I imagine I'll go down and see the Prescott Courthouse lights a few times this year. I leave a decorated century plant blossom up year round decorated with Southwestern ornaments. This is the first Christmas I am looking forward to in decades.

59 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

We know a couple who leaves tree tree up year year round. Looked kinda dusty when we last saw it. 

Yuck. Sounds like a fire hazard.

There are some houses that leave their lights up all year round here. They don't turn them on till December, yet you can see them all year.

15 hours ago, Cholla said:

We already booked our room in Sedona for the Festival of Lights on December 12th. I'm looking forward to the Desert Botanical Gardens Holiday display. I imagine I'll go down and see the Prescott Courthouse lights a few times this year. I leave a decorated century plant blossom up year round decorated with Southwestern ornaments. This is the first Christmas I am looking forward to in decades.

Mile of Lights at Fain Park in Prescott Valley and the indoor Christmas display at Gateway Mall in Prescott.  the mall display has an amazing display of model railroad stuff in operation.  It alone is worth the trip down.

20 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Yuck. Sounds like a fire hazard.

There are some houses that leave their lights up all year round here. They don't turn them on till December, yet you can see them all year.

Artificial tree, so I guess they do the same thing as the outdoor lights. Looked sad standing in a dark corner in July. 

38 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I think I am gonna get off a letter to the North Pole tonight.  

Now where did I leave that goldarn  writing stick......

Are you talking about chalk for the shovel, a twig with a burnt end, or one of those hog leg pencils we used in grade school? ^_^

Archived