Yikes~!  Has it come to this?  Thirty bucks for a box of 50 .22 LR?  :blink:

Aguila .22 Super Extra

Wotta bargain.  :(

3 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Cheaper than Dirt Gold, mebbe.  

Aguila .22 Super Extra

It's a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER here at my shop...like...$4 / box. Got a s@#* load of it too!

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Aguila .22 Super Extra

Gotta love California....or not.  Your choice.  :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

I stopped buying from cheaperDirt and Sportsmans guide when they did this crap the last time. 

It's not just CTD.

Local dealers are doing such things as charging $1/rnd for 223/556. Again, my price is about 40 cents/rnd. But...they have to bring in X dollars / month to stay in business and they can't get any product. Soooo...they raise the prices on the things they DO have.

Crazy times...

Phantom

You're right Phantom, its not just CTD but they are a bit over the top LOL.

In 2016 I was getting Aguila super extra, the red/gold for 45.99 a brick and happy to have it. In Feb I was paying 26.99. At the shop I used to work at they're pricing is up about 20% reflecting what they are getting it for. My buddy's getting whitebox (federal I think) for 19/bx and selling 25/bx. Geez, back in the day I was buying ammo for the department and it was far less LOL. Used to get that Winchester/IMI 55gr M193 for 43 bucks a case of 1000...shipped LOL. Gold dot was running about 300 a case. This isn't the first "run" and it won't be the last but it's the first one I remember that NICS broke records every month for this year. And the best part of that is all my buddies who are still in the training game say that is going like gangbusters.

Normal 22 prices here when I checked last week.

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Aguila .22 Super Extra

They obviously don't have much inventory to sell.  At 60 cents per round that is 3 times the typical price listed for Aguila  subsonic & target ammo on ammoseek.com.

No one around here is gouging but they are limiting the amount you can buy.:o

1 hour ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

I stopped buying from cheaperDirt and Sportsmans guide when they did this crap the last time. 

I don't buy from price gougers.  Cheaper than Dirt did the same thing the last time there was a run on ammo.   When the rush is over and prices go back to normal, I'll stock up again but it won't be from Cheaper than Dirt..

18 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

22 super extra?  Is that like 22 LR +p+ that can only be fired from Rugers or is it a whole nuther caliber? 

LOL, nope. The red/gold super extra is copper washed and billed as high velocity. Out of my rifles it chronographs at about 1070FPS. (CCI MiniMags go 1100+FPS) The blue gold super extra is standard velocity and isn't copper washed. Poofier than the red/gold.

My preferred brands are Winchester or Federal. I'll also use Remington but R-P ammo of any type give me a rash LOL, but I'll shoot whatever works and is cheap.

Archived