SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron hammerless SxS

Captain Curly Strait

Has anyone personal experience with Cimarron hammerless doubles?  Found one brand-new and cheap, which scares me to start. No manufacturer or importer marks on the gun anywhere. Scares me further. Any of your experience is most certainly appreciated. 

Curly

I have the Cimarron hammerless and love it! Paid a little more for it but well worth it, mine has Cimarron address on the rib. Never seen one that doesn't have roll markings. Not saying that they all have it that shotgun might be refinished.

Rafe

A dozen or so years ago Cimarron imported hammerless guns from Turkey (Ankara, maybe?).  Those were stiff and not well suited for CAS.  The ones from recent years are made in Pakistan.  They are well-designed, but not always well executed.  Either should say where it was made I think.

My thanks to you both!  I pulled the forearm and inspected both the barrels and receiver, but could find no importer marks or manufacturers marks. Just Cimarron Firearms etched in the rib between the barrels on top near the receiver. And the gun is brand new according to my shop. Single trigger, extractors, non-resetting safety selector. It was very stiff opening, so that combined with the price and lack of markings concerned me. Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated!

Curly

If the gun is brand new, then I'm thinking they should have the box.  Look at the label on the end of the box for the model number.  If it starts with "DA" (example:  DA1889B12-22) then it is one of the guns from Pakistan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, interested in results of this drama.  I've NEVER be a fan of single trigger shotguns; I've just learned to use two fingers.

However, if it is indeed a Cimarron product it's well worth a serious look.  Good luck!:)

Archived