SASS Wire Forum

No more 10 round ban

Snakebite

he 9th Circuit Ct just struck down the Califirnia 10 cartridge magazine restriction  as unconstitutional. Get ready for a run on big mags. 

Well I am Flabbergasted. The 9th court is the most liberal in the Land.  There is something strange about this. 

56 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Well I am Flabbergasted. The 9th court is the most liberal in the Land.  There is something strange about this. 

With the current civil situation in the US the democrats are arming themselves. They have come to the conclusion that 10 rounds are not  sufficient for the probable job at hand! Common sense gun law revision.

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

Not so much of a mystery when you consider that President Trump has placed Ten new Judges to the 9th Circuit.

1/3 of the Judges on the Circuit are Trump Appointees.....       Can I get a Hallelujah !!!!! :FlagAm:

As Silver Sam noted, Trump has appointed several judges to the 9th. Circuit. Probably the case went before 3 of them. If appealed before the entire court the current judgment will probably be reversed.

Be nice if Colorado could get rid of the 15 rd magazine maximum.  Unfortunately, the state supreme court upheld it.  We aren't in the 9th's district, so the ruling doesn't apply.  This will probably go to the SCOTUS, but lately they have been dodging such cases and letting the lower court rulings stand. :(  Not likely for things to change in Colorado.  State is deep, deep blue.  Used to be a bumper sticker that read, "Don't Californicate Colorado!"  Well, they done it about twenty years ago! :( 

When all else fails, remember those three little words... LOCK AND LOAD!

6 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Be nice if Colorado could get rid of the 15 rd magazine maximum.  Unfortunately, the state supreme court upheld it.  We aren't in the 9th's district, so the ruling doesn't apply.  This will probably go to the SCOTUS, but lately they have been dodging such cases and letting the lower court rulings stand. :(  Not likely for things to change in Colorado.  State is deep, deep blue.  Used to be a bumper sticker that read, "Don't Californicate Colorado!"  Well, they done it about twenty years ago! :( 

No one is really enforcing the 15 round law...and yes, the ruling in the 9th should show a conflict worthy of SCOTUS intervention.

Also, please stop with the silly "Californication" stuff. Just an FYI, their are Progressives in every state...and if you're going to place blame on California, whom should they blame for turning their State into a Progressive hell????

Phantom

It's been a number of years, but starting in the 80's we had an awful influx of people from the Left Coast and the East Coast whose political views were definitely not conservative.  Yes, we were born and raised in Chicago, but after 3-1/2 years in Montana we moved to Denver in '69.  This used to be called a "cowtown".  Wish it still were... :(

9 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

It's been a number of years, but starting in the 80's we had an awful influx of people from the Left Coast and the East Coast whose political views were definitely not conservative.  Yes, we were born and raised in Chicago, but after 3-1/2 years in Montana we moved to Denver in '69.  This used to be called a "cowtown".  Wish it still were... :(

We're getting off topic, but to blame either coast would be a mistake. It's easy to make them villains, but the simple fact is that migration patterns have fluctuated and always will. 

Making folks from other States the "Bad" guys is never going to help anything. You can find like minded folks (regardless of where your mind is), anywhere.

Phantom

38 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Be nice if Colorado could get rid of the 15 rd magazine maximum...

They eventually will. And replace it with a 10 round mag cap. :o

And most of the Sheriffs will continue to ignore it. :D:FlagAm:

19 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Friend of mine was a LEO in Denver.  He moved to become a LEO in Central Oregon because the influx of Texans into Denver was bringing crime and violence.  Guess it’s all perspective. 

We will have Rick Travis, from the CRPA, breaking down what this all means, and where we go from here, on tomorrow morning's show.

The Gunslinger Hour, on KABC 790 AM Radio Los Angeles.  Every Sunday morning, from 7:00-8:00 a.m., Tune in, listen in, and call in, at 1 (800) 222-5222.  Jeff (Aka Hud) Taverner, and Mark (The Professor) Romano (aka FJT) are talking about firearms, shooting sports, cars, motorcycles, music, and the 2nd Amendment!

Miss the show?  Listen in for the podcast at: https://gunslingerradio.com/ or https://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/

Cheers,

FJT

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

The State is not deep blue. Just the liberal rat’s nest of the Denver, Boulder, Aurora area. :angry:

You can fire grapeshot from a 12 pounder at a crowd around here and not hit a Democrat.

Hallelujah !!!!! :FlagAm:

ten rounds bad - what an arbitrary thought - but then as said above liberals are now buying guns and ammo when they can find it , life is funny that way - when it comes close to home , aint it ?

23 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I'm not sure it's been said enough.  You can thank Trump for appointing judges.  The previous administration didn't think it was important, so he left a lot of vacancies. 

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The State is not deep blue. Just the liberal rat’s nest of the Denver, Boulder, Aurora area. :angry:

You can fire grapeshot from a 12 pounder at a crowd around here and not hit a Democrat.

If I were going to fire grapeshot from a 12-pounder, it would be for the purpose of hitting a bunch of democrats.

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

If I were going to fire grapeshot from a 12-pounder, it would be for the purpose of hitting a bunch of democrats.

I would modify your statement by replacing "democrats" with "Progressives"...unless I misunderstand your intent.

20 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I would modify your statement by replacing "democrats" with "Progressives"...unless I misunderstand your intent.

Since a certain party has allowed themselves to become the way they are then they should all be lumped together until they fix it. 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Since a certain party has allowed themselves to become the way they are then they should all be lumped together until they fix it. 

Using this logic, we should lump all Californians into the same basket of "liberal / progressive nutballs".

Phantom

20 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Using this logic, we should lump all Californians into the same basket of "liberal / progressive nutballs".

Phantom

Good comeback, but definitely not the same. 

People like me try to change the direction of the state unlike people in a nationwide party that seem to do nothing to change what happens in their party. 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Good comeback, but definitely not the same. 

People like me try to change the direction of the state unlike people in a nationwide party that seem to do nothing to change what happens in their party. 

And you're assuming that all democrats vote their party...you're assuming that they are not trying to create change in their party (ie: Pro-Life Democrats)...I could keep going on.

That said, you're original post did not specify that you were referring to the "nationwide party", but rather democrats in a very generic sense.

Phantom

2 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

And you're assuming that all democrats vote their party...you're assuming that they are not trying to create change in their party (ie: Pro-Life Democrats)...I could keep going on.

That said, you're original post did not specify that you were referring to the "nationwide party", but rather democrats in a very generic sense.

Phantom

When I see change I will believe someone is actually doing something. Until then I will assume it’s “samey-same” and move on accordingly. 

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When I see change I will believe someone is actually doing something. Until then I will assume it’s “samey-same” and move on accordingly. 

Well then until I see change in States like California, I'll assume it's "Samey-same"...

What's wrong with folks that can't seem to anything good with the "other" side?

Phantom

Nice they changed the law, hopefully it will staying place long enough for the suppliers to re-stock. Not a Browning Hi-Power mag to be found. And most of the suppliers still won't ship to California.  So far only Brownells and Cheaper Than Dirt.

Archived