SASS Wire Forum

Cal and Col Fires

Rye Miles #13621

Fires in Colorado and California, any of you folks affected? Hope you’re all okay.

Nothing near us but ya can’t se the Blue Mountains for the smoke from CA. 

0186EF7F-EE6D-4F3E-AA81-F429159CA8C5.thumb.jpeg.b97c6d4338f20c5629e0574d2ce1d17a.jpegOne of my Denver cousins says smoke particles from the fires are giving them remarkable sunsets.  Not really compensation but beautiful nonetheless.

4 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

0186EF7F-EE6D-4F3E-AA81-F429159CA8C5.thumb.jpeg.b97c6d4338f20c5629e0574d2ce1d17a.jpegOne of my Denver cousins says smoke particles from the fires are giving them remarkable sunsets.  Not really compensation but beautiful nonetheless.

Looked just like that here tonight. Weird and creepy.

I live about 4 miles from the Pacific. No issues here. 

I always feel bad for the wildfire fighters fighting fires in this heat and in that terrain. God, bless them. 

Front Range of Colorado around Denver, depends on which way the wind is blowing.  We don't have fires near us, but when we are downwind, can't open the windows and "they" are advising folks with any kind of respiratory problems to stay inside.  Some of these fires are huge!  My little humidistat is reading below 30 percent and the WX forecaster recently stated it was 18%!  That's virtually no moisture in the air at all! :o  Governor Polis just extended the mask edict by 30 days. Of course a lot of people including everyone else in our cul-de-sac ignores it altogether! :angry:  To quote the Man, "Wear the damn mask!" :ph34r:

Stay well, Pards!

45 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Front Range of Colorado around Denver, depends on which way the wind is blowing.  We don't have fires near us, but when we are downwind, can't open the windows and "they" are advising folks with any kind of respiratory problems to stay inside.  Some of these fires are huge!  My little humidistat is reading below 30 percent and the WX forecaster recently stated it was 18%!  That's virtually no moisture in the air at all! :o  Governor Polis just extended the mask edict by 30 days. Of course a lot of people including everyone else in our cul-de-sac ignores it altogether! :angry:  To quote the Man, "Wear the damn mask!" :ph34r:

Stay well, Pards!

Masks help with the smoke too.

Archived