SASS Wire Forum

Bearclaw Ben, Another good cowboy passes

Joe West

Krazy Kajun sent this out, it says it well.: "Bearclaw Ben, member of the Cherokee Cowboys passed away this week after a long period of heath issues.  He was a gentle giant of a man and always had a smile on his face and was very faithful in assisting during match target setup for a number of years.  He will be missed. The only funeral arrangements that I know of is that visitation will be held on Sunday Aug. 16th 12:30 - 2:30 at the Carter Funeral Home, 265 Hwy. 211 NW, Winder GA. Their website is https://www.carterfwinder.com."

From me : I knew Ben since he started shooting SASS matches. He helped as much as he could, even when he didn't feel well enough to shoot! He was a great friend.

Prayers up for the comfort of his family.

Bearclaw Ben will be missed.  For years, he has helped set up steel on the Friday before the Cherokee Cowboy's match.  We haven't been able to shoot at Cherokee since this pandemic started and I haven't seen Bearclaw Ben for a while.  I knew he was having some health issues but I didn't know they had gotten this serious.  He was a nice guy and I never heard a cross word from him.  It's people like Bearclaw Ben that quietly do the work behind the scenes that make our game possible.  

If you've got a Bearclaw Ben at your club, be sure to let them know how much you appreciate them.

He was a quiet man who always had a nice word and a smile. He always shot loads that would bark loudly. When I ran the timer for him after the beep I would step backwards a step or two to lessen the sound a might. He would work behind the scenes as much as his health would allow him. The world sure could use a lot more Bearclaw Bens. 

Kajun

Archived