SASS Wire Forum

Oregon State Police

Oregon State Police are pulling out of Portland, after the D.A. announced rioters wouldn't be prosecuted in most cases. 

They only came in for an initial two weeks or so, but seems like once the D.A. made this statement, they are leaving.

Interesting developments. I cannot really grasp the mindset up there.

Let's see.... rioting and looting are crimes....many of the demonstrators rioted and looted...therefore: no crimes to be prosecuted??? 

Does the D.A. have to take an oath of office, before he/she assumes the role as district attorney? 

If so, would that not violate the oath of office, and be grounds for the D.A. to be removed from office??? 

As Gomer would say...shazaam!!!

I don't blame the State LEO.  Why spend time and resources enforcing the law when the prosecutor will not?

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Oregon State Police are pulling out of Portland, after the D.A. announced rioters wouldn't be prosecuted in most cases. 

They only came in for an initial two weeks or so, but seems like once the D.A. made this statement, they are leaving.

Interesting developments. I cannot really grasp the mindset up there.

Let's see.... rioting and looting are crimes....many of the demonstrators rioted and looted...therefore: no crimes to be prosecuted??? 

Does the D.A. have to take an oath of office, before he/she assumes the role as district attorney? 

If so, would that not violate the oath of office, and be grounds for the D.A. to be removed from office??? 

As Gomer would say...shazaam!!!

Or "Gollyyyyyyy!!!"

LL

They reap what they sow

27 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I can't believe that business owners haven't started shooting looters yet. 

And another, very different mob, paying a visit to to the DA.

This one with tar and feathers.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I can't believe that business owners haven't started shooting looters yet. 

They'd be arrested.  -_-

Archived