SASS Wire Forum

A thought about the future...

I can see it now.  150 years from now, there will be a shooting club called PSS, the Preppers Shooting Society.  It will be similar to SASS, but the time period and dress will be evolved around early 21 century Prepper dress and weaponry. 

Costuming will be a mix of patriotic themed t-shirts and camouflage.  Any attire with gun brands or early 21st century political slogans will also be accepted.  Baseball caps will be in general use, but they need to be gun logo or other “prepper” brand logos… of course truck and tractor logos will be accepted.

Firearms will be an automatic handgun with a double stack magazine, a semi auto rifle (preferable an AR or AK variant), and a semi auto shotgun with either extended tube mag or removable box mags.

There will be a shooting category called “Primatives”, for those who choose to use an automatic with a single stack magazine (1911).  Pump shotguns will also be required for this category.

There will be the same old argument between the 9mm shooters and the 45auto shooters about mousefart loads vs warthog loads.

Stages will have stories like “ a pack of zombies have come into the neighborhood, and you are the only one left to protect the children of the school”  and “a gang of Covid infected thugs are running amok without face masks and you need to stop them”.

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

single stack magazine (1911, Hi Power

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but my "made in Belgium" Browning Hi Power has a double stack 13-round magazine.

Automatic handgun category? Awesome! Finally a use for a Glock 18! :D

I'm your huckleberry.

2 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

One thing for sure we are living interesting times....

Texas Lizard

And getting more so by the day...

3 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

And getting more so by the day...

But looks like it is getting better here in California....The court came down today with a ruling on more that ten round magazines...Looks like we can have and use them...Now I wait for the state to file again....

Texas Lizard

31 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

One in each hand if you are shooting gunfighter!  :lol:

But you have to hold at least one of them gangsta' style. Also, pants down below the hips with boxers showing is a costuming requirement for the style.

2 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Also, pants down below the hips with boxers showing

instead of gunfighter, maybe that will be Street Thug, which has costuming, firearms restrictions (at least one handgun grip needs to be held on by either black electrical tape or duct tape), and shooting style restrictions (gangsta style).

4 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

But I don't wear boxers...

Texas Lizard

.................................................................................... I knew there'd be a problem ............. :mellow:

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

“a gang of Covid infected thugs are running amok without face masks and you need to stop them”.

This reminds me of my trip to the gas station today. I always use a credit card and try to get a receipt. The pumps didn't have receipts this time; so, I went into the store to get one. While there, I realized I didn't have a mask with me. ( I always lock my purse, which has my masks, in the car.) Oh well, neither did anyone at the pumps or the "kid" in front of me in the store. The clerk told me I needed a mask and gave me one. B) When I got to the register, the clerk told me a person in front of me in line had a fit because I didn't have one on. &^#^$#*^%(, I'm 71 years old. I should be the one having the fit. I thanked her for the mask and left.

Seriously they needed to fill the tape (?) in the gas pumps so we wouldn't need to go inside.

20 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

One thing for sure we are living interesting times....

Texas Lizard

The Spanish Inquisition and the Black Death were interesting times as well...   :D

Archived