SASS Wire Forum

I love my job, but there are days.

Grumpy Old Man

I retired 3 1/2 yrs. ago and it coincided with my Granddaughters birth. She was always pretty easy to take care of. 22 Months ago, she had a son. He puts everything in his mouth. Today, I put on 2.3 miles without leaving the property. He flat wore me out.

I know the feeling...Watch 18 month old....At this time it is the pots and pans drawer....We put everything back at least three or four time a day...If you need to cook and it is missing, try looking in the living room...It might be there..Did put a cabinet lock on the wine glasses...He started reaching that knob a few days ago....Some of the others use rubber bands...Getting to old for this...

Texas Lizard

Couple months back did the Zoom school for older sister...That was fun....

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I retired 3 1/2 yrs. ago and it coincided with my Granddaughters birth. She was always pretty easy to take care of. 22 Months ago, she had a son

Your 20-month-old granddaughter gave birth to a son?

Try it with twins they wear me out just watching them play. It seems I spend the day yelling stop hitting your brother at one of them

97F7E751-3F35-4359-BE78-0EEFB0F09EF8.jpeg

OH ! COME ON!

You Grandpa's love every minute of it, Don't ya?

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OH ! COME ON!

Yes I do especially since I don’t get to see them very much 

our best was the older granddaughter was chasing her little sister with Turkey neck ..telling her is was a Turkey D (word)   ! I was laughing soo hard ..

while her Mother is say that is soo mean .

Yes it is mean but sooo dam funny 

The energy that little kids have is one reason why having them when the parents are younger is the best idea.  My grandsons are now 23 and 26 and the "little girl" starts high school (from home).  Guess I'll just have to wait until the boys get married and start having kids.  Hopefully, I'll still be spry enough to enjoy them.

10 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OH ! COME ON!

I sure do and I have them Monday thru Friday. Last month at our shoot, Kylie picked brass brass for the first time. She needs supervised, but did a good job. 

Enjoy every tiring moment.  My grands are 2500 miles away, and I get to see them about every other year.  

I miss every moment and every memory I've wasn't there to see made.

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Enjoy every tiring moment.  My grands are 2500 miles away, and I get to see them about every other year.  

I miss every moment and every memory I've wasn't there to see made.

Sounds like friends of mine here in Ottawa, (Canada)

Careers have taken their children to the US, while they continue to live here in Canada.

Their daughter with her husband and young son live in Texas, while their son and his family live in the San Francisco area.

Facebook and Zoom or Skype help them keep in touch, especially now.

December 31 the Missus retires and we are moving to be close to some of our nieces and nephews and their kids. We couldn't have kids ourselves and 6 nieces and nephews grew up 1/2 mile from us, so we are more like another set of grandparents to all their kids. One of the g'nieces is already staking claim to one of the bedrooms in our new place down there.

Taking care of Grandkids is great till they get mobile. Then the race is on.

I was a girl (only child) and had a girl (only child).  She had sons.  They are different little creatures.

Archived