SASS Wire Forum

Favorite burger chain?

WHATABURGER!

they have great-tasting burgers, but their French fries are about like MacDonalds.  Their onion rings are pretty good, but Arby’s are better.  

they have the best chocolate malt.

When you’ve just finished up a gig and packed up your gear at 2:00 am, them little Krystal burgers with cheese one of the best things you’ll ever put in your mouth!!

The absolute WORST slider you’ll ever eat is a White Castle!!

Krystal is what White Castle wishes it could be!!!

I never heard of most of the places mentioned.   Only MacDonald and Wendy's in town. Burger King and Arby's out at intersection of US54 and I70.

In any case,  we only eat at fast food places in desperation.   We seak out independent diners and cafes. 

31 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Is there a chain that does a burger less than well done?

Red Robin, at least in our area, asks how pink you want it in the middle!!

On 8/13/2020 at 12:53 PM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Not wanting to hijack the animal style In N Out thread, what is your favorite chain and why?

For me, I like Five Guys. Their basic single-patty burger with mustard and mayo. Of course, their fries are heaven.

Sometimes I need a quarter pounder with cheese, but that’s mostly for nostalgia’s sake.  

What’s y’all’s favorite beef patty on a bun?

Numbers two and three are Five Guys or Burger King.  Way down in fourth place is Wendie's.

And then there's Brown Bag Burgers in Prescott, a genuine national treasure that almost no one has ever heard of.  It's First Place.

18 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

In N out is good 5Guys is good I like Wendys, Micky D's fries. Can't really think of to many that are bad.

kR

I haven't been to a McDonald's since the southern California massacre when the old bat that owned Micky's went on an anti-gun campaign that still hasn't ended.

When I was stationed at AberdeenProving Grounds there was a little place in the middle of the student parking lot.  Just a shack called the Patio, where they made the first pizza burger I ever ate.  Never had another one until Philly's Best open at the Ontario Mills in California.  There's was like a trip back into my past.  I've tried to make pizza burgers at home but I never qutie capture the same flavor.

PLUS ONE too Charlie H.

FIVE GUYS Burgers-n-Fries.  They DO NOT skimp on Fries.   Bestest Fries Around.  Also in my part of the woods, "Burgatory"  Awesome Fries too.

Out of all the chains, my best would be 5 Guys, but I'm not a big fan of chain burgers.  The absolute best burger I've ever eaten came from a small, mom & pop, literally hole-in-the-wall establishment that used to be located on Lawrence Street in Montgomery, AL name the "Hamburger King".  The original owners have died and moved onward and upward, and the burger joint has been moved south to Pine Level,  AL.  I've passed it many times driving back and forth to Montgomery, but they are never open when I pass by.  One day I'll catch them open, and hopefully their burgers will be as good as days gone by.

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My favorite winter time breakfast in North Carolina was Steak & Shake beef soup and a large order of fries. 

Their burgers were pretty good too. I forgot about that place. 

"Breakfast?"  :huh:

Only soup I've ever had for breakfast was menudo.  Good stuff after a rough night!  ^_^

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"Breakfast?"  :huh:

Only soup I've ever had for breakfast was menudo.  Good stuff after a rough night!  ^_^

Uh-uh...no menudo for me...once I found out what the chewy noodles were...:blink::lol:

Yeah, they actually had soup available for breakfast. Perfect with fries. :D Yummy!

Fuddruckers

White Castle

5 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Fuddruckers

White Castle

Deacon!!  You certainly covered the spectrum from great to garbage!!

Fuddruckers is really great burger territory!

As I said on a previous page, White Castle “is da’ woist!!”  These dummies actually tried to convince the world that making a slider patty with five holes in it made them taste better!!  All it really did was give the customer less meat for more money!!

Down here in Krystal country, White Castle had to merge with Church’s Chicken to keep the doors open!!

I’ll say it again!! Krystal is what White Castle wishes it was!!  :lol:

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Deacon!!  You certainly covered the spectrum from great to garbage!!

Fuddruckers is really great burger territory!

As I said on a previous page, White Castle “is da’ woist!!”  These dummies actually tried to convince the world that making a slider patty with five holes in it made them taste better!!  All it really did was give the customer less meat for more money!!

Down here in Krystal country, White Castle had to merge with Church’s Chicken to keep the doors open!!

I’ll say it again!! Krystal is what White Castle wishes it was!!  :lol:

My Good Sir! White Castle's are truly a connysooer's favorite! Wet noodles at 20 paces Sir! :D

26 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

My Good Sir! White Castle's are truly a connysooer's favorite! Wet noodles at 20 paces Sir! :D

Would that be Ramen, spaghetti, or egg noodles??

19 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I did secret shops for 5 guys.  The burgers would be well done, that was not something that I could complain about. I had to observe how they cooked the burgers and fries, no problem.  The floor near my table was greasy, problem.

Food Narc!!

Where I live only 2 choices. Mc D's or Sonic. With that there really is no choice on which one is better than the other.

Howdy,

Local White Castle went outta bidnezz.

Been closed for a while now.

Steak n shake is good if I get out that way.

I get the shake there after a trip to the dentist and no eating for a while.

If I timed it right I could get two for the price of one.

Best

CR

Watching the first Colorado In-n-Out being built across from my church...supposed to open by the end of the year...we'll see if they keep on schedule with the COVID-19 challenges.

On 8/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Is there a chain that does a burger less than well done?

NO!  It's an E coli thing.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:15 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I have never seen the fascination with White Castle.  The burgers were okay, but nothing to write home about.

It's a 20 something thing especially when you had the munchies.

The town I lived in for 28 years in SF Bay Area got one of the 1st In-N-Outs in Norther CA.  The 1st year they were open the San Ramon PD had to have an officer on the 4 lane freeway frontage road to direct traffic around lunch time & 4PM to 7PM to prevent blocking the road.  The place was jammed between the freeway fence & the frontage road.  So the parking & drive through lane were small & short.

My favorite chain burgers are in order: 5 Guys single, In-N-Out animal style, Wendy's Baconator.  The last time I was in Peoria IL on business I eat at a Steak and Shake.  I would place their burgers just below 5 Guys.

For regional restaurants I like Nations, I grew up two towns south of the original Nations.  My father in-law would buy pies for Christmas dinner there.  For bar & grill establisments there is Moose McGillcuddys at happy hour & Islands Restaurant.

Archived