SASS Wire Forum

Howdy from a Greenhorn

Diamond Jake

11 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I heard old TW slipped on a nanner peel  at least once. What's he shoot? Dooly or something?

As I recall, he did shoot Duelist in that match and came in First in category and second overall. 

I managed to place one spot ahead of Whiskey Hayes, beating him by 0.22 seconds.  Of course, it helped that he twice had split cases jam up his gun and had to take 13 misses total over two stages.  (Gives you an idea how poorly I shot.)

29 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

As I recall, he did shoot Duelist in that match and came in First in category and second overall. 

I managed to place one spot ahead of Whiskey Hayes, beating him by 0.22 seconds.  Of course, it helped that he twice had split cases jam up his gun and had to take 13 misses total over two stages.  (Gives you an idea how poorly I shot.)

Just so you know, I proudly defend my position at the bottom of the scorecard and have a helluva good time doing it. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just so you know, I proudly defend my position at the bottom of the scorecard and have a helluva good time doing it. :lol:

My goal is to finish no worse than last.  So far, so good!

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Howdy and Welcome, Diamond Jake!

I've got some BFFs in TN. I hope you get to shoot with them. The following names come immediately to mind: Jackalope, Anita Margarita, Widder, TN Tombstone, and Tombstone Lady. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone; but, those are the people I've met or talked to on the phone.

If you like "nanner splits," you may run into Tennessee Williams a Dairy Queen, if not a match. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie Mo,

You ought to come to Wartrace for the TN State Match & meet the rest of us. If you've already been & I missed it see my comments above about Gunsmoke & memory challenges. If you haven't been, my 10% match fee rebate offer is still open to the next 2 shooters who are from out of state and have never shot at the TN State Match. Not a better deal anywhere (IMO). And we ain't all ice cream stealing, voodoo spell castin', mean spirited loose cannons like Tennessee Williams! Around these parts we call him the Tonya Harding of cowboy action shooting! TW, if you're listening in forgive me, I'm off my meds again.

Chickamauga Slim

Hey Slim,

I'd love to attend the TN State one day as I've never been.

I've never met TN W; but, I feel like I know him.  If the stars align, I'll try to set my next trip to So. IL when a TN match or Black Gold (I think that's the one) is happening.

Love my TN and So. IL friends and relatives!

AM

Welcome, Diamond Jake!  Lots of GREAT people here in SASS and it is fantastic fun. Love your hat!

I’m shooting my “first” event next weekend. I’m a reload. I shot SASS back in 2006-07, but got sidetracked by life. Now that I’m back it’s been wonderful to find such great people and advice here on the SASS Wire.  

Good luck on your first event!

Curly

Diamond Jake---Welcome to the best game and folks goin. Hang on for the ride! It get addicting!

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Archived