SASS Wire Forum

Howdy from a Greenhorn

Diamond Jake

Howdy folks.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  Just joined SASS this week.  Hoping to meet a passel of you sometime down the trail.

IMG_9577.PNG

Hi:

Welcome to the party!
I'm sure we'll meet sometime at the range.

--Prairie Dawg

Howdy and welcome!

Great look you have going there!

Have FUN!!!!!

:D

55 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Howdy and welcome!

Great look you have going there!

Have FUN!!!!!

:D

Thanks.  I've got to get different pants...I've lost 40 lbs since Covid started and I haven't been eating dinner at bars 4 nights per week.  My wife made the shirt and my brother in law made the hat.  (He worked for Rand's Hats in Montana for many years.)

Welcome and we hope to see you in Wartrace on Saturday. Sign up is 8:30, Safety meeting is 9:30. We ask new shooters to come prepared to do a quick familiarization with one of our Range officers. It is a hoot.

Imis

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Hey @Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 looks like he's already got a good hat!

That'll do, Tyrel

1 minute ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Welcome and we hope to see you in Wartrace on Saturday. Sign up is 8:30, Safety meeting is 9:30. We ask new shooters to come prepared to do a quick familiarization with one of our Range officers. It is a hoot.

Imis

That'll do, Tyrel

Thanks Imis!  I actually shot at Wartrace in Jun and Jul...Randy Saint Eagle did a great job with orientation.  I've got a few other commitments that often cause schedule conflicts, but I suspect I'll be alternating between Wartrace and Green River at least once per month.  Hope to see you in October for sure.  I won;'t be able to shoot for the whole weekend, but I plan to at least spectate one of the days and maybe help out if you need something.  Cast Iron Cooking?

50 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

Get ya down to those pesky Wartrace Regulators. They'll take real good care of ya ..https://www.wartraceregulators.com/

Diamond Jake,

Come on down to Wartrace Saturday.  Your 1st shoot is on us and we have another first time shooter starting Saturday. We are about 35 minutes southeast of Murfreesboro, a short hop down I-24.

We must have been typing at the same time Jake! Hope to see you soon.

32 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Welcome! Bushrod and I were talking about you yesterday...

Something good I hope!

I doubt I can make it Saturday; daughter -in-Law's 40th birthday.  She shot my '73 a few times...maybe I can convince her to join SASS.

1 minute ago, Diamond Jake said:

Something good I hope!

I doubt I can make it Saturday; daughter -in-Law's 40th birthday.  She shot my '73 a few times...maybe I can convince her to join SASS.

Of course. 

Bring her to a match we'll set the hook real deep :lol:

Howdy from the Arizona Territory Diamond Jake, from one Greenhorn to another welcome to the game and the addiction!!

AG

Doggone you got the look! :D

Yup. Yer gonna have fun!

Howdy, Diamond Jake, from way down South in the Land of Cotton!  You're going to have a good time with those pards up in Tennessee.  Jump in with both feet, Hoss.

27 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I am pretty sure you need longer pistols.:D

7th Cavalry model 7.5" barrel.  If I'm going to be slow, I'd rather be slow with a long barreled 45!  :D

7 Cal A.JPG

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

7th Cavalry model 7.5" barrel.  If I'm going to be slow, I'd rather be slow with a long barreled 45!  :D

7 Cal A.JPG

That's what we call "style points."

Howdy Diamond Jake, don’t forget we shoot on the 5th Saturday as well at Green River! Bushrod or Tyrel will post on our website and Facebook. Hope to see ya soon!

Crawdaddy

18 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Thanks Imis!  I actually shot at Wartrace in Jun and Jul...Randy Saint Eagle did a great job with orientation.  I've got a few other commitments that often cause schedule conflicts, but I suspect I'll be alternating between Wartrace and Green River at least once per month.  Hope to see you in October for sure.  I won;'t be able to shoot for the whole weekend, but I plan to at least spectate one of the days and maybe help out if you need something.  Cast Iron Cooking?

Not sure how I missed you at the range, but then again I watch reruns of my favorite episodes of Gunsmoke and come away saying, " That new Festus character really adds something to the series, I hope he gets on regular!". 

2 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Not sure how I missed you at the range, but then again I watch reruns of my favorite episodes of Gunsmoke and come away saying, " That new Festus character really adds something to the series, I hope he gets on regular!". 

With 45 shooters and two or three possees it's easy to miss people.  I was so nervous the first time I don't remember too many pards.  Also, at the time I didn't have an official SASS alias, and I went by "J. R. Woodby".  Probably was wearing a black vest and a striped shirt.

Howdy and Welcome, Diamond Jake!

I've got some BFFs in TN. I hope you get to shoot with them. The following names come immediately to mind: Jackalope, Anita Margarita, Widder, TN Tombstone, and Tombstone Lady. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone; but, those are the people I've met or talked to on the phone.

If you like "nanner splits," you may run into Tennessee Williams a Dairy Queen, if not a match. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

46 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Howdy and Welcome, Diamond Jake!

I've got some BFFs in TN. I hope you get to shoot with them. The following names come immediately to mind: Jackalope, Anita Margarita, Widder, TN Tombstone, and Tombstone Lady. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone; but, those are the people I've met or talked to on the phone.

If you like "nanner splits," you may run into Tennessee Williams a Dairy Queen, if not a match. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thanks!  I've had the pleasure of shooting with Widder and Tennessee Williams a couple times already.  IIRC, Tennessee Williams' total time was less than half of mine!  (I suppose it wasn't his second ever match, though.)

Archived