SASS Wire Forum

Air Force Chopper hit by gunfire

Utah Bob #35998

Look for the gun grabbers to jump all over this!!!

I wouldn’t doubt it was one of the newly armed far left Antifa types.

If it was blue with "United State of America" on it, someone likely thought that it was Marine 1. The crazies are out there and they're going to do more and more crazy stuff.

Didn't know any Hueys were still in regular service.  Glad to see the old darlin's are still working.

I hope they find the pukes who did this and if it is Antifa an airstrike on their HQ is called for..... or at least an armed ground attack

18 minutes ago, Will Killya said:

If it was blue with "United State of America" on it, someone likely thought that it was Marine 1. The crazies are out there and they're going to do more and more crazy stuff.

I suspect thats just a file photo.

15 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Didn't know any Hueys were still in regular service.  Glad to see the old darlin's are still working.

I hope they find the pukes who did this and if it is Antifa an airstrike on their HQ is called for..... or at least an armed ground attack

Air Force and Navy/Marines still fly em. Air Force is scheduled to replace them soon.

From Defense News

In an upset, a Boeing-Leonardo team has won a $2.38 billion contract to manufacture a new batch of helicopters to replace the Air Force’s UH-1N Huey used to guard the service’s nuclear missile silos.Boeing and Leonardo’s MH-139, a militarized version of the commercial AW139 manufactured by Leonardo subsidiary AgustaWestland in Philadelphia, beat out Lockheed Martin Sikorsky and Sierra Nevada Corp., which both offered versions of the UH-60 Black Hawk — which some analysts saw as the service’s aircraft of choice going into the competition.

3 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Still have some Hueys around here, maybe Air NG.  I can still identify the sound even without my hearing aids.  Sounds like someone friendly is looking out for me.

Forest Service contractors use them too. My son was with the Prescott Hotshots and Prescott Helitack

Those ol’ Hueys know how to take small arms fire!!  Most every one I ever saw had patches in its hide!

As always, I am hoping for felony charges, convictions and long prison sentences.
As always, I am disappointed.

My Speer #15 manual shows just HOW high a vertically fired bullet will go...

Archived