SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of owner manuals

Utah Bob #35998

Somebody mentioned it on Forty Rod’s thread. 
My new camera came with a very thick manual. 
After I ripped out the foreign language sections it’s not so huge. A lot of stuff isn’t covered.
Then I found a section that says, “This booklet is the Basic instruction manual. More detailed instruction manuals can be downloaded from the Canon website. Connect to the Internet and access the following Canon website” So I went to the website.

After putting in my Region North America and selecting my language from Canadian English, Canadian French, United States English (no mention of Mexico), the site says:

This site provides instruction manuals and software for EOS, EOS accessories, lenses, PowerShot, SELPHY and professional video products.

So I click on EOS cameras. It only gives me a choice of 5 models. None are mine. :wacko:
But beneath that, it says

Models except the above” Okay. Great. I click on that.

It takes me here

Arrrgggh.

I went to YouTube and found a video by some Indian guy that gave me most of what I wanted to know at the time.
Still no on line manual. 

:angry:

Take it back and tell them it's faulty...and explain why.

I bought a Nikon digital about eight years ago (it's an antique now) that had a coupon to send in for a printed manual.  It came back inside of a week.  I understand that is no longer done.  Of course the place I bought it (The Irish electronics store, Ray D. O'Shack) is out of business now, too.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Take it back and tell them it's faulty...and explain why.

I bought a Nikon digital about eight years ago (it's an antique now) that had a coupon to send in for a printed manual.  It came back inside of a week.  I understand that is no longer done.  Of course the place I bought it (The Irish electronics store, Ray D. O'Shack) is out of business now, too.

I doubt they'll take it. I've had it since Christmas. But our enforced and unplanned absence for several months has kept me from fiddling with the camera till now.

48 minutes ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Sad, but YouTube is much more informative than owners manuals.

YouTube is done by people.

Manuals are done by engineers. 
:lol:

All of my Nikons have PDF versions of the manuals.
The paper copy that comes with the camera is filed away, same as those plastic shipping boxes for Rugers.
Only need them, on the off-chance I will be selling the piece, and want to offer it in the original factory packaging.

19 minutes ago, bgavin said:

All of my Nikons have PDF versions of the manuals.
The paper copy that comes with the camera is filed away, same as those plastic shipping boxes for Rugers.
Only need them, on the off-chance I will be selling the piece, and want to offer it in the original factory packaging.

I have to go to the website to download the pdf manuals. The website that doesn’t work.

Archived