SASS Wire Forum

South East Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove. Who Is Coming?

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

Branchwater Jack said, "Of course, after I finish setting the last stage and a half tomorrow, you may not have to shoot me.

I may drop dead at that point."

It's important to save a bullet when you can.

:D

Seriously, thanks for all your hard work...you make a tough job look easy.  I regret that we can't make it this year.  

Hope you all have a great time and stay safe!

Regards,

Jackalope

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Three Gun Cole said:

Thank you for doing posses.

I know there's an art to it & way much more than who wants to shoot with whom.  And in the end it really doesn't matter - old friends or new ones.

And you know that if you want a dedicated scorekeeper on any event whether Petey is shooting it or not, you only need to find me in my little tin can in spot #8.

15 hours ago, Jackalope said:

It's important to save a bullet when you can.

Especially with the price of primers and the scarcity of manufactured ammunition lately!

@Jackalope, I am seriously going to miss seeing you and @Anita Margarita, SASS #54050  next weekend. 

A couple housekeeping notes to throw out there for those that might have missed the emails. There is a Thursday night social event at the range under the pavilion. Graywolf Tate was making a big ole pot of taco soup and has asked for RSVP's to gauge how many to cook for. Obviously we don't want anyone to go hungry, so if you plan on being there please either answer the previous email or let us know. This meal is being provided by the club.

Friday night under the pavilion we will have a ribeye steak dinner provided by Porky's this will be prior to side match awards and Saloon night. The cost of this meal is $20.00. Porky's is picking up the meat on Monday. So if you want a Steak you will definitely need to RSVP before then.

And one last favor. If you plan on skipping the awards banquet on Saturday night we would also like to know this. As it will save the cost charged to the club for the meal.

Thanks for your help with this!

P.S. Free side matches Thursday for BP, Wild Bunch and PCC. The morning and afternoon warm up matches are Charity Matches with a $10.00 donation to the SASS Scholarship fund, you can shoot either or both for the same $10.00 donation. If you want to shoot any of these matches it is not to late to add your name to these as well. No need to sign up for the free speed Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun they are shoot at will. .

55 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Inquiring minds want to know (especially since I wont be able to attend) will the stage scenarios be posted before the match? Posse lists?

Hope y'all have a great match!!

Randy

Posse list and stages will be posted next week!

On 10/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, Barkeep Casey said:

A couple housekeeping notes to throw out there for those that might have missed the emails. There is a Thursday night social event at the range under the pavilion. Graywolf Tate was making a big ole pot of taco soup and has asked for RSVP's to gauge how many to cook for. Obviously we don't want anyone to go hungry, so if you plan on being there please either answer the previous email or let us know. This meal is being provided by the club.

Friday night under the pavilion we will have a ribeye steak dinner provided by Porky's this will be prior to side match awards and Saloon night. The cost of this meal is $20.00. Porky's is picking up the meat on Monday. So if you want a Steak you will definitely need to RSVP before then.

And one last favor. If you plan on skipping the awards banquet on Saturday night we would also like to know this. As it will save the cost charged to the club for the meal.

Thanks for your help with this!

P.S. Free side matches Thursday for BP, Wild Bunch and PCC. The morning and afternoon warm up matches are Charity Matches with a $10.00 donation to the SASS Scholarship fund, you can shoot either or both for the same $10.00 donation. If you want to shoot any of these matches it is not to late to add your name to these as well. No need to sign up for the free speed Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun they are shoot at will. .

Sorry,  just saw this. Max & Ophelia Payne will not be attending the awards banquet. Hate to miss it, but things are just a little too close with that many people.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 6:40 AM, Max Payne said:

Sorry,  just saw this. Max & Ophelia Payne will not be attending the awards banquet. Hate to miss it, but things are just a little too close with that many people.

Max,

We will miss you at the banquet, but completely understand! Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Calm down, they probably don't have nanner splits.

But they did serve nanner' puddin' last year at Ambush; so I recommend getting desert first while he's eating the main meal...

Yep, and that's a meal for southerners.  Given TW is from up north in Tennessee I think he should get something northerners like.  Maybe a bagel and some lox.   

CBB is trying to stir up more inter-regional strife. It is ok TW we will save you some Nanner Puddin' and a really BIG bowl if Tennessee wins the Trail Driver awards!

Yep, and that's a meal for southerners.  Given TW is from up north in Tennessee I think he should get something northerners like.  Maybe a bagel and some lox.   

Now hang on just a doggone minute, there's more "Northerners", a.k.a. d@** Yankees, in and around Atlanta, GA than there is in the whole state of Tennessee; let's not start hurling insults...

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Now hang on just a doggone minute, there's more "Northerners", a.k.a. d@** Yankees, in and around Atlanta, GA than there is in the whole state of Tennessee; let's not start hurling insults...

One of the reasons I avoid Atlanta as much as possible.  I don't know if I would go as far as saying 'Yankees', northerners is bad enough.

30 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

CBB is trying to stir up more inter-regional strife. It is ok TW we will save you some Nanner Puddin' and a really BIG bowl if Tennessee wins the Trail Driver awards!

TW has to spot me three seconds.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

NAR is the only place I ever shot and been called a Northerner.  I was able to sneak across the border and shoot Ambush last year!

Randy

Archived