SASS Wire Forum

South East Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove. Who Is Coming?

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Walking around the range during the Regional last year, I got to see a lot of the banter that goes on during the match.  Some of it is the usually Posse specific pride, including folks cheering for their posse mates during the awards. Some of the trash talking turned to which state in the region was best.

It got us to wonder....Which state is the fastest state in the best region in SASS?

This year, we're going to find out with a special award for the top 'Trail Drivers' from the fastest state in the region.

So, after all the scores are done, we are going to take the top 10 fastest shooters from each state in the region and come up with a total time for that state's team. The state with the quickest time will take home the honor of being the fastest in the region. We'll recognize those 10 'Trail Drivers' and include a nice banner to be displayed at their State Match in 2021. 

If it helps to stir up some trash talk heading into the match....If we would have done it in 2019...Georgia would have edged out Tennessee by 2.94 seconds! 

Good ole' Rocky Top!!!!!! It could be our year. Our injured reserve list includes Widder and Randy Saint Eagle, but we have some other good shooters to carry some of the weight.

18 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Good ole' Rocky Top!!!!!! It could be our year. Our injured reserve list includes Widder and Randy Saint Eagle, but we have some other good shooters to carry some of the weight.

Not a fast shooter myself, but I'll be happy to swipe TW's nanner' splits so he can shoot faster.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Not a fast shooter myself, but I'll be happy to swipe TW's nanner' splits so he can shoot faster.

No sir.  The idea is to feed him nanner splits continuously.  Kind of like that Simpson episode with Homer and the donuts.    Hmmm, TW, Homer, TW, Homer....makes you think.

image.png.0d08bceaa8885eb1f87db8805b7c73db.png

Don't be trying to sabotage our Tennessee shooters CBB. We want TN. Williams lean, mean and hungry for a prize!

If you want to help your fellow Georgia shooters out, Purly is looking a little tense. He really needs a deep tissue massage.

3 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Don't be trying to sabotage our Tennessee shooters CBB. We want TN. Williams lean, mean and hungry for a prize!

If you want to help your fellow Georgia shooters out, Purly is looking a little tense. He really needs a deep tissue massage.

Hey, you have to take every advantage you can. By the way did I mention I just happen to have a bottle of whatever your favorite liquor is, I’ll bring it, but unfortunately the expiration date is 10/9/2020 so you won’t have much time.

4 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Good one Barkeep.

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Hey, you have to take every advantage you can. By the way did I mention I just happen to have a bottle of whatever your favorite liquor is, I’ll bring it, but unfortunately the expiration date is 10/9/2020 so you won’t have much time.

I will see you 10/9!

17 days, or 2 matches, whichever you prefer, until Ambush!

On 9/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

I think TN is going to get edged out by Georgia again.  We'll see.  The rubber is about to hit the road!

Your Georgia Compadre's Hurricane Charley and Purly were on fire yesterday at the NAR monthly finishing 1st and 2nd overall. Both of them were smooth and extremely fast.

14 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

17 days, or 2 matches, whichever you prefer, until Ambush!

I think TN is going to get edged out by Georgia again.  We'll see.  The rubber is about to hit the road!

Maybe, maybe not; Widder gave me a jar of peanut butter(crunchy) and instructions on how to use it correctly :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Your Georgia Compadre's Hurricane Charley and Purly were on fire yesterday at the NAR monthly finishing 1st and 2nd overall. Both of them were smooth and extremely fast.

Georgia is tough to compete in.  In no particular order you have Charlie, Purly, Eddie, Christian, Silver City, Jake, Potshot, Tuco, and on and on........used to be a fella named Blackhawk, but he hasn't been seen in these parts in quite a while.

2020 the year of constant consternation. 

As recommended rebook your hotel into Huntsville area or Scottsboro. 

Hotels Near Jackson Center

From Buck and Barkeep

Ambush Shooters,
       What a crazy year 2020 has been. As we were just putting the finishing touches on Ambush at Cavern Cove 2020 shoot today, we were thrown a last minute curve ball. We have literally worked all day to find a last minute solution, but because of the differences this will make to our scheduled agenda we wanted to get this information out to all attendees as fast as possible. Lake Guntersville State Park lodge that was hosting our Banquet has reached out to us today to let us know that because of Covid-19 restrictions they will not be able to host us this year. At this late date we did not think that it would be possible to find an alternate venue, but apparently god smiles down on Cowboy's and we have found a last minute venue that can support us! We will be instead be holding the Saturday night banquet and awards Ceremony at The Jackson Center located in Huntsville, AL.  We will have maps and the address for this new venue in your shooters packets.
     Our largest concern with this change in venues, is for shooters that had planned on staying in hotels in the Guntersville area or at the Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge. While Guntersville is very convenient to the range it will be in the opposite direction from the range to the banquet. So might not be as convenient for some. We truly apologize for any confusion this causes in lodging, please reach out to myself or Buck D. Law if we can personally help in any way. The link below is for alternative hotels in the Huntsville area close to the Jackson Center. 

7 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

2020 the year of constant consternation. Form Barkeep & Buck.

As recommended rebook your hotel into Huntsville area or Scottsboro. 

Hotels Nar Jackson Center

Ambush Shooters,
       What a crazy year 2020 has been. As we were just putting the finishing touches on Ambush at Cavern Cove 2020 shoot today, we were thrown a last minute curve ball. We have literally worked all day to find a last minute solution, but because of the differences this will make to our scheduled agenda we wanted to get this information out to all attendees as fast as possible. Lake Guntersville State Park lodge that was hosting our Banquet has reached out to us today to let us know that because of Covid-19 restrictions they will not be able to host us this year. At this late date we did not think that it would be possible to find an alternate venue, but apparently god smiles down on Cowboy's and we have found a last minute venue that can support us! We will be instead be holding the Saturday night banquet and awards Ceremony at The Jackson Center located in Huntsville, AL.  We will have maps and the address for this new venue in your shooters packets.
     Our largest concern with this change in venues, is for shooters that had planned on staying in hotels in the Guntersville area or at the Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge. While Guntersville is very convenient to the range it will be in the opposite direction from the range to the banquet. So might not be as convenient for some. We truly apologize for any confusion this causes in lodging, please reach out to myself or Buck D. Law if we can personally help in any way. The link below is for alternative hotels in the Huntsville area close to the Jackson Center. 

I can only imagine how much of hassle it was to pull off a large switchup like this on short notice.  Thanks for all of your efforts.  This ends up working out especially well for me, I live 4 miles from the Jackson Center.

1 minute ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

I can only imagine how much of hassle it was to pull off a large switchup like this on short notice.  Thanks for all of your efforts.  This ends up working out especially well for me, I live 4 miles from the Jackson Center.

After party at Lucky's place! :D

TKD thanks for throwing it up at on the wire. I was  just getting on to do that.

15 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

After party at Lucky's place! :D

TKD thanks for throwing it up at on the wire. I was  just getting on to do that.

Don't forget the sacrificial midgets! I chucked a couple into the blast pit at the Marshall Spaceflight Center engine test stand before calling Jackson Center. Closest to virgins into the volcano I could come up with on such short notice. Apparently it worked!

Thanks Marshal TKD for going the extra mile and keeping this operation on track.  I know it's been a challenge this year and I for one, appreciate all of the North Alabama Regulators' work.  See you in a couple of weeks.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:54 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

Widder and I plan to come back with a vengeance next year!

Randy 

On 10/10/2020 at 6:53 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

Is there/ will there be a shooters list with categories?  Do you know when the posse list will come out?

Maybe we can get Buck D Law to give us an update on that.

Exciting news! The county just put the finishing touches on the new bridge over the creek and we no longer have to use the long and twisty detour to enter the range. We left the shortcut and the ramp to jump the creek in place for Captain Bill and the good ole boys coming in from GA. Just so they feel at home!

Great News on the bridge completion. Lady T and I plan to arrive on Tuesday, see everyone soon.

4 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Exciting news! The county just put the finishing touches on the new bridge over the creek and we no longer have to use the long and twisty detour to enter the range. We left the shortcut and the ramp to jump the creek in place for Captain Bill and the good ole boys coming in from GA. Just so they feel at home!

Piece of cake! That should be worth a 5 second bonus off my total match time! Right?

Just now, Captain Bill Burt said:

Piece of cake! That should be worth a 5 second bonus off my total match time! Right?

The jumpin' the creek bonuses are used as tie breakers!

Archived