SASS Wire Forum

South East Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove. Who Is Coming?

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

On 9/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

the wife's screaming would probably upset the dog.

I long ago learned to cinch down the seat belt.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

If there’s still room can you sign me up for RO2? 

Do have Buck D Law’s contact? He is doing the RO classes. I will tell him to chime in over here.

Im going to "conveniently" forget my scooter for the Regional. That is one thing I have not done in a number of years.

Imis  Still coming, we aint skeered

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Im going to "conveniently" forget my scooter for the Regional. That is one thing I have not done in a number of years.

Imis  Still coming, we aint skeered

If you’re skeered say your skeered :P

Update on camping.

We still have 5 camping spots available on the range. These spots are 30 amp spots with water. They are $25 a night.

Rooms for rent on the range.

We have 3 additional rooms for rent not the range.

One is under the pavilion. It rents for $35 a night. Has access to showers and bathrooms at the pavilion.

The other two are up in former owners house. These two rooms will have access to a full bathroom. They rent for $50 a night, would prefer a three night stay.

Cant wait to make this one. I have not actually shot my own regional before, shot a few others but not my own.

Fist TN State, two weeks later Ambush. If I cant go West I sure as heck can shoot around here.

29 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don't know who was responsible for doing the anti-rain dance last time, but we need someone new to do it this time. 

Last year on side match day Buck D. Law thought it would be funny to shake a ceremonial rain stick. 8 hours later it is a full on monsoon for two days. We have disposed of the aforementioned rain stick, and threatened to zip tie Buck's hand to his belt loops.

24 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Last year on side match day Buck D. Law thought it would be funny to shake a ceremonial rain stick. 8 hours later it is a full on monsoon for two days. We have disposed of the aforementioned rain stick, and threatened to zip tie Buck's hand to his belt loops.

I hesitate to ask where that stick ended up?

Ya know in thinking about it, Due to his rain dance, Buck is responsible for the main bridge being repaired. He is also responsible for us having to dig and repair drainage ditches. Responsible for me having to place all that gravel by hand. 

13 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Ya know in thinking about it, Due to his rain dance, Buck is responsible for the main bridge being repaired. He is also responsible for us having to dig and repair drainage ditches. Responsible for me having to place all that gravel by hand. 

It's a rough life, but someone has to live it. All that gravel by hand. :lol:

9 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

At least it hasn't fallen as far as midget wrestlin'.

One of my favorite lines from a "cowboy" movie- "Day aint over yet."

Imis

12 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Ya know... we where thinking about doing a birthday party at the range in May with police cars, firetrucks, ambulances, sumo balls and midget wrestlers there. Maybe even a band playing. 

12 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Somebody needs to wake up Lickskillet Charlie and tell him his wife might have a job opportunity at the SE Regional.

Kajun

Walking around the range during the Regional last year, I got to see a lot of the banter that goes on during the match.  Some of it is the usually Posse specific pride, including folks cheering for their posse mates during the awards. Some of the trash talking turned to which state in the region was best.

It got us to wonder....Which state is the fastest state in the best region in SASS?

This year, we're going to find out with a special award for the top 'Trail Drivers' from the fastest state in the region.

So, after all the scores are done, we are going to take the top 10 fastest shooters from each state in the region and come up with a total time for that state's team. The state with the quickest time will take home the honor of being the fastest in the region. We'll recognize those 10 'Trail Drivers' and include a nice banner to be displayed at their State Match in 2021. 

If it helps to stir up some trash talk heading into the match....If we would have done it in 2019...Georgia would have edged out Tennessee by 2.94 seconds! 

Archived