SASS Wire Forum

My Son's Baseball Book Will Be Published Sept. 8!

J-BAR #18287

My son Ethan Bryan, whom SASS shooters know as Fret Maverick, is an author.  He has had several books published by small companies, but he has a new one coming out from a major publishing house, Zondervan (part of Harper Collins).  It tells the story of his experiences playing catch every day in 2018, and the life lessons he learned from his catch partners.  Those partners included kids, players from other countries, one of the ladies who played professionally during the war (remember "A League of Their Own"?), broadcasters, and a couple of professional ball players as well.    He has worked hard at his writing and we are beyond proud that he will be able to expand his audience.    So for the baseball fans in the crowd, I thought I could let you know that you can order the book before the publication date, in order to get a copy as quickly as possible.  (Pre-publication orders also count towards getting a book designated a "best seller".)    It's best to order one from your local bookstore.  Amazon is kinda sloppy about paying royalties!

Hearts and Minds Bookstore in Dallastown, PA included it as a recommended selection.  The review is about 2/3 down in the list:

https://www.heartsandmindsbooks.com/2020/07/20-forthcoming-books-you-should-pre-order-now-20-off-at-hearts-minds/

Thanks for letting me brag on my son and his writing!  A peek at the book's cover:

IMG-0034.thumb.JPG.3930c4069a8b122dc8c982375669b28a.JPG

We have a Barnes & Noble close by. Next time I’m around there I’ll order one. Looks interesting!

I will look for it. I will bet my Grandson will like this book for Christmas. :)

Edit: actually I think I will do as Rye is doing and order it from Barnes & Noble as well. 

I will absolutely buy this book!! :D:FlagAm:

Edit. Pre-ordered it. We have no local bookstore unfortunately.

Archived