SASS Wire Forum

Kamala Harris VP

Hells Comin

5 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They instituted a process for selecting a new VP in the wake of Agnew's departure.

Not quite. 

The 25th Amendment was a response to the vacancy of the office of Vice President when Johnson assumed the office of President.   Introduced in 1965 and ratified in 1967.

In my opinion a huge mistake. The Constitution already had it covered. 

That is what allowed Gerald Ford to become the only person who has been both president and vice president without being elected by the electoral College. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Not quite. 

The 25th Amendment was a response to the vacancy of the office of Vice President when Johnson assumed the office of President.   Introduced in 1965 and ratified in 1967.

In my opinion a huge mistake. The Constitution already had it covered. 

I stand corrected!! If you remember the sixties, you weren't there!! :unsure: :rolleyes:  :o  :lol:  B)

There was a guy I worked with long ago that was from Jamaica. He was very dark skinned and I was told never to call him African-American (black or anything else) as he felt it was an insult. He was like 6' 5 and I watched him pickup a 100lb gearbox and carried to the maintenance shop without any help. I stayed on his good side.

On that note, I don't care where she is from or her parents, I just know I will not vote for her and Biden. Time to be quiet now before I get in trouble.

TRUMP 2020

18 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I stand corrected!! If you remember the sixties, you weren't there!! :unsure: :rolleyes:  :o  :lol:  B)

Well, the year of my nativity was The Year of Our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty-seven.  So I was too young to clearly remember the first half, and too young to be able to enjoy not remembering the second half. :D

(about a month ago I went in for a blood draw for some tests and when the [very cute] tech asked for my date of birth I loudly declaimed, "I was born on Thursday, the twenty-sixth day of September, in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty-seven." and, without missing a beat she asked, "Was it sunny or cloudy?"  "I don't know, it was 4 in the morning." We had fun.  Lots of good banter.)

Ms. Harris is guilty of cultural appropriation!!  She has claimed parts of several cultures when it suited her purpose or furthered her poetically!!  She constantly talks out of both sides of her pie hole, telling whoever is listening whatever she thinks they want or ought to hear!!   

"...I stand corrected!! If you remember the sixties, you weren't there!! :unsure: :rolleyes:  :o  :lol:  B).."

well put ........... but then some of us were not protesting and doing drugs , might have had a bit of the free love but we rejected the commie infiltration , 

MHO of the choice is it didnt really matter , i think biddens run is a repeat of mcCains 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Well, the year of my nativity was The Year of Our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty-seven.  So I was too young to clearly remember the first half, and too young to be able to enjoy not remembering the second half. :D

(about a month ago I went in for a blood draw for some tests and when the [very cute] tech asked for my date of birth I loudly declaimed, "I was born on Thursday, the twenty-sixth day of September, in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty-seven." and, without missing a beat she asked, "Was it sunny or cloudy?"  "I don't know, it was 4 in the morning." We had fun.  Lots of good banter.)

Yer a kid, Joe~!  :lol:

I gotcha beat by 6 years Joe! :):)

Several months ago I told East Coast Filly that the left was picking the president when they selected a vp. I predicted that Biden wouldn't last a month before he had an "issue", was declared unfit, and the vp took over.  Harris is only after one thing, power for Harris, and will do or say anything to get it.

The proposed VP candidates were all awful, but at least now we know exactly who it is. Someone who never garnered more than 2% as a Presidential candidate. Although many pretend otherwise, she is not very likable or electable. The worrisome part is that if Big Tech censorship, MSM shameless promotion and voter fraud make a significant difference, KH would be the likely President before the next term is up.

I would hope that a desire for 2nd Amendment preservation, low taxes, law and order and a booming economy among other things would bring about a landslide Trump victory. 

They would keep Biden as President for 2+ years, then Harris would take over and be able to run for 2 more terms, as someone cannot serve more than 10 years as President. Think what the Supreme Court would look like...

I am pretty confident that most Pards, on here, know to, and will, vote, this coming November.

What we need to make sure of is: our family votes, our friends vote, our neighbors vote, our co-workers vote, our fellow church members vote, and in fact every one that owns a firearm, or anyone that knows anyone that owns a firearm, should vote. 

Vote for the people that support us.  I won't try to tell anyone who to vote for...but...unless you have been in a coma for the last 40 years, you already know who to vote for.

I think we all need to send a message.  Whether or not they will listen, is something I am not sure of. 

But, I am sick and tired of them using the lame excuse: "the vote was close, so there is no clear mandate".  Horse....feathers!

13 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I remember the sixties.  I spent most of it in SEA fighting, as my Grandma used to say, Godless communism.  

My drugs of choice in those days were Black Flag Jamaican rum and Coca Cola, with Winston 100s for a chaser.

47 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

They would keep Biden as President for 2+ years, then Harris would take over and be able to run for 2 more terms, as someone cannot serve more than 10 years as President. Think what the Supreme Court would look like...

That result might make life in a third world dictatorship look appealing. :angry:;)

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I remember the sixties.  I spent most of it in SEA fighting, as my Grandma used to say, Godless communism.  

My drugs of choice in those days were Black Flag Jamaican rum and Coca Cola, with Winston 100s for a chaser.

I wasn’t into politics and I was still in school!!

My drug of choice was vodka, with kahlua when the mood struck.

There ain’t enough alcohol in the world to make me so drunk that I’d vote for the Biden/Harris ticket!!

If ole sniffin' Joe can't make it full term, then Kamala could recommend ole Hillary, who was pseudo-president under Monica's main squeeze, or...let's not forget Michelle...the other pseudo-president, in the  obamanation administration.

Good grief....as if covid-19 wasn't enough to worry about.

Try not to get any chap-stick on your firearms, as you kiss them goodbye. 

Time will tell....

46 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Ain't that bug spray?   :huh:  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Not so.

Amendment 25:

Section 2: Vice presidential vacancyEdit

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Well, my statement was half-true.  I think that qualifies me for political office.  :)

4 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

This Kamala Harris wouldn't be so bad as a VP candidate.....if he was alive and a Conservative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_(wrestler)

Good Lord!  Kamala died just last week Sunday of Covid~!  :huh:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/james-kamala-harris-dead-wwe-wwf-obituary-1203008558/

22 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

And that is why President Trump is not going to be reelected.

I hope you're wrong. I think Trump's gonna win in a landslide!!!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think it will be close, depending on which side makes the fewest gaffs that piss off the middle ground. I know of very few who don’t see this as a choice between the lesser of two evils. 

Had Biden chosen Tammy Duckworth,, he’d have won the landslide. 

20 hours ago, Cemetery said:

People aren't voting 'for' Biden, they're voting 'against' Trump.

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

And that is why President Trump is not going to be reelected.

Some folk believe that's how he was elected in '16 ~ votes against Hillary.

Hell... for those of us in this state we lose no matter what.  If he/she win, we get what we get.  If they lose, we still have her as our senator.   :(

Hey, here's an novel though!  If they do win, maybe bands and gangs of Republicans and Independents should march and demonstrate and riot and (gently) topple garden statuary and spray paint fireplugs with washable paint and soap windows and blow duck calls...    silly.gif

I for one am very, very happy with the nomination of Ms. Harris.  If there were any Republicans that didn't care whether they voted or not now see a need to.  If they would've nominated someone who was more conservative he'd have stood a better chance IMHO.

TRUMP 2020

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So do I, but I've been wrong before.  

That Carter guy doesn't stand a chance.

That Clinton guy doesn't stand a chance.

That Obama guy doesn't stand a chance.

Pobody's nerfect.

8 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

What we need to make sure of is: our family votes, our friends vote, our neighbors vote, our co-workers vote, our fellow church members vote, and in fact every one that owns a firearm, or anyone that knows anyone that owns a firearm, should vote. 

Reminds me of this scene from Charlie Wilson’s War, falling in love with America:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-c_ctZ4lUCk

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I wasn’t into politics and I was still in school!!

My drug of choice was vodka, with kahlua when the mood struck.

There ain’t enough alcohol in the world to make me so drunk that I’d vote for the Biden/Harris ticket!!

Yes there is. Because enough alcohol could kill you. Then you’d be dead.
Then your vote would go Dem. :P

Well... tighten your cinches.  On the news this evening she basically said that the president is a criminal and responsible for the pandemic.

Hooo boy.  Gonna be a long twelve and a half weeks.

I might have to unplug my TV.  :mellow:

I was going to say something but decided no matter how I said it it would not come out in a way that promote harmony or brotherhood in the land...

Perhaps if I did what seems to work for some politicians and just spread some money around...

037ECA9D-2735-47FA-9441-A0D88FE064A0.thumb.png.7532ea4a0a7358507a5f3a967d8dbb8f.png

15 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I think it will be close, depending on which side makes the fewest gaffs that piss off the middle ground. I know of very few who don’t see this as a choice between the lesser of two evils. 

Had Biden chosen Tammy Duckworth,, he’d have won the landslide. 

I respectfully disagree NO VP pick would help Biden he's a jerk period! I know democrats that hate him!

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I respectfully disagree NO VP pick would help Biden he's a jerk period! I know democrats that hate him!

I just hope they hate Joe more than they hate Donnie.

Archived