SASS Wire Forum

The pure bliss of Animal Style

Those of you blessed with an In N Out within driving distance, you know that when you are having a bad day, a Double Double Animal style (with additional raw onions) can provide a moment of pure joy!  :D  There is one a block away from work, but I don't go there often.  I save the experience for days that I need a little extra help to maintain a calm demeanor at work.

The fries are fantastic too, but only when they are still hot.  They have a use by date of about 2 1/2 minutes from when they hand them to you.

Back to work now calm and tranquil, ready for those morons to get my BP revving up again.

I only know about In 'N Out from the Bosch novels; as best as I can tell, they are only in CA, AZ, OR, TX, WA and WY; certainly none on East Coast.  I'll try one on next trip West (whenever that may be); I love raw onions on burgers (and just about anything else).

LL

Animal style is one In N Out's secret menu options.  This is a standard double double, except they add grilled onions, pickles and use extra spread (thousand island dressing).  The kicker is they spread some mustard on the patties while they are cooking.  I have them add the raw onion because I do love onions on a burger.

You can get your fries animal style as well, they melt cheese on the fries, and put a pile of grilled onions and thousand island dressing on too.  Good, but messy...

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I only know about In 'N Out from the Bosch novels; as best as I can tell, they are only in CA, AZ, OR, TX, WA and WY; certainly none on East Coast.  I'll try one on next trip West (whenever that may be); I love raw onions on burgers (and just about anything else).

LL

Ahh Harry Bosch... he's the man.  I have all the books..
They even did a reasonably good job on the Bosch series.
Wrongway and I are doing a lot of binge-watching while waiting for #4 to graduate nursing school, and move out.

In 'N Out is so tempting... but I can hear my glucose meter screaming all the way from home, when I entertain thoughts about stopping there.

They have onions? I thought there was a Salmonella scare. 

I love In-N-Out. Great burgers and fries.

One of the only decent things about SoCal...well, the weather too. But the climate sux...if ya know what I mean.  

8 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I used to eat out every day for lunch. When somebody asked me why I told them it was cheaper than a therapist.

i did as well till this covid crap ended the position , but ive found i like making my own meals a lot and enjoy the outing more when we get something prepared and served to the table 

Well now...!  If you like In 'n' Out, consider that they were probably inspired by an old, small Northern California chain called Nation's Giant Hamburgers~!!

*Drool!*  :lol:

What say ye, B'gav....?   :rolleyes:

Nation's Cheeseburger

We have an In N Out about 3 miles from us. We used to eat there occasionally when they first opened, but then they had a management change or something, and the food quality went straight into the toilet. Last time we tried to eat there the burgers were so overcooked they were literally like potato chips, and the fries were a cold greasy lump.We've never gone back.

We went out for a Carl's Jr. coupon night... I didn't want the mess of my usual lettuce wrap burger, so I got it "regular" with the bun.
My glucose levels paid dearly for that... for 3 days.

Archived