Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Widder, SASS #59054

Widder - going under the knife

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the club of cut up, busted up, torn up, worn out cowboys.  The Drs must be pretty good since they's so many of us.

 

Get well, you are missed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey NOZ,

Have you noticed that the more of us that get 'cut up', the more 'comedians' start coming out of the woodwork?

 

I do believe that ALL the test leading up to the actual surgery is worse than the surgery.

1. Echocardiogram a few days ago.

2. The the heart cath......... 2nd heart cath for this particular problem.

3.  PreAdmission test, which includes giving MORE blood, Covid Test, Xray, walking test, blood pressure/oxygen check,

EKG and answer about 100 question on everything but my sex life 50 years ago.

 

Bout the only thing left is the actual surgery on Tuesday and then the slow recovery.

I know recovery might been kinda burdensome but in all honesty, my present condition is rather

burdensome and I'm looking forward to being able to have a normal breathing and blood/oxygen flow

thru my system.

 

Noz, do you think you can keep all these Yahoo's in line while I'm away a few days?  :D

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers up for complete recovery.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2020 at 6:55 PM, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Oh boy! This is going to be fun! I'm first assist. I need to clean my tools off just a bit...

1.jpg

funny-crazy-doctor-laughing-holds-saw-hand-whit-isolated-white-background-62462513.jpg

 

Comedians. Ha! Oh, wait, he's actually an MD. Oops.

Guess that what they used back in his day, hunnert years ago.

Edited by Whiskey Business
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Comedians. Ha! Oh, wait, he's actually an MD. Oops.

Guess that what they used back in his day, hunnert years ago.

Okie didn’t so much retire as accede to the suggestion of the populace.

And by populace I mean lynch mob.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Okie didn’t so much retire as accede to the suggestion of the populace.

And by populace I mean lynch mob.

 

 

Bet he could out run a cougar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang in there Widder, we're pulling for you.

 

Duffield

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Bet he could out run a cougar.

Why would he? ;)

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Okie didn’t so much retire as accede to the suggestion of the populace.

And by populace I mean lynch mob.

 

 

I prefer necktie party. Sounds more festive. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Bet he could out run a cougar.

 

That cougar would have to be mighty old... dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending prayers your way Widder.

Get better soon.

I had my heart surgery a long time ago and I'm still around to irritate people.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk from my Wire Pards brings back memory of a hospital stay that happened to TN Williams.

 

About 4 years back, TN had to make an emergency visit to the hospital in Murfreesboro for what turned out to be

an inflamed kidney stone.

 

Please Note:  TN Williams has mostly been viewed as a clean cut, nice looking man by most of the women that

know and meet him.   Plus, he knows how to charm with a silver tongue.

 

ANYHOW, during his visit, 2 of the nurses started fussing over which one was gonna care for him, and in

particular, trim his toenails.   It was very embarrassing to TN Williams and he complained to the head floor

nurse about this uninvited attention.     Sooooooooooo,  the head floor nurse reassigned both nurses to

other areas and it made both of them,  George and Harold, mad.

 

Another true story.   Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

All this talk from my Wire Pards brings back memory of a hospital stay that happened to TN Williams.

 

About 4 years back, TN had to make an emergency visit to the hospital in Murfreesboro for what turned out to be

an inflamed kidney stone.

 

Please Note:  TN Williams has mostly been viewed as a clean cut, nice looking man by most of the women that

know and meet him.   Plus, he knows how to charm with a silver tongue.

 

ANYHOW, during his visit, 2 of the nurses started fussing over which one was gonna care for him, and in

particular, trim his toenails.   It was very embarrassing to TN Williams and he complained to the head floor

nurse about this uninvited attention.     Sooooooooooo,  the head floor nurse reassigned both nurses to

other areas and it made both of them,  George and Harold, mad.

 

Another true story.   Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

 

..........Widder

 

Ole Widder forgot to tell you that George and Harold got mad because they were trying to get his phone number from me!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Best to you & speedy recovery! Without you dogging TN W, he’ll get out of control!!

Blessings!!

TB

Edited by TBBandito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey NOZ,

Have you noticed that the more of us that get 'cut up', the more 'comedians' start coming out of the woodwork?

 

I do believe that ALL the test leading up to the actual surgery is worse than the surgery.

1. Echocardiogram a few days ago.

2. The the heart cath......... 2nd heart cath for this particular problem.

3.  PreAdmission test, which includes giving MORE blood, Covid Test, Xray, walking test, blood pressure/oxygen check,

EKG and answer about 100 question on everything but my sex life 50 years ago.

 

Bout the only thing left is the actual surgery on Tuesday and then the slow recovery.

I know recovery might been kinda burdensome but in all honesty, my present condition is rather

burdensome and I'm looking forward to being able to have a normal breathing and blood/oxygen flow

thru my system.

 

Noz, do you think you can keep all these Yahoo's in line while I'm away a few days?  :D

 

..........Widder

 

Not a chance!!  That would truly be equivalent to long distance cat herding. My only hope is that the example you have set will be strong enough to keep most of them out of trouble.  You get well so you can take charge again.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widder, Prayers Continue from Up North ....

 

Jabez Cowboy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widder, Me & Ruthie will keep praying for your speedy recovery & for your Doctor's wisdom & skill. My prayers may not help you much, but I've noticed God seems to listen to her's. I'll see you at Wartrace in October, not shooting will give us more time to visit & plot revenge on TW!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Widder, Me & Ruthie will keep praying for your speedy recovery & for your Doctor's wisdom & skill. My prayers may not help you much, but I've noticed God seems to listen to her's. I'll see you at Wartrace in October, not shooting will give us more time to visit & plot revenge on TW!

 

If nothing like the Covid cancels the match, AND...if I feel like being on the road for 7+ hours, I plan to come visit.

 

Slater has the rifle to donate.   WHEW, it is a beautiful .22 and I have already finished my mods on it.

 

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes and I look forward to seeing everyone in October...... even ole TN.

Speaking of TN, I think he's gonna drive over and visit with me shortly after I get out of the hospital and feel like

I need a good laugh.

 

Honestly, I told him NOT to call me on Tuesday or Wednesday and get me laughing on the phone.   I told him I won't answer

the phone if its him..... ;)

 

..........Widder

 

Edited by Widder, SASS #59054
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinkin' 'bout you, Pard!! Bending the Force to guide the hands of your car givers!!  Us busted up cowpokes gotta' be here to maintain order!!

 

Me 'n' Schoolmarm will be praying' for ya' tomorrow!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If by Wed or Thurs they allow me to have my puter thing,  I'll attempt to update Y'all.

 

Thanks everyone for your Prayers and well wishes.   

 

I've had no 2nd thoughts or hesitations on getting this surgery.  The Aorta valve has just been getting

worse the past 3+ years and keeping me from feeling 'normal' and having energy, etc...

 

Basically, according to the doctors and the test results, my valve has diminished to opening 

at 20% and its slow degrading has allowed my heart to adapt and function with this situation.....

but the results ain't good.

 

By the time many of you are up and starting Tuesdays activities, I hope to be getting 'fixed'.

0500 comes early and I'm looking forward to it getting here.

 

Again............ from the bottom of my heart (which is the healthiest part),  THANKS!

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, guide the hands of the surgeons, and cradle Widder in Your healing hands,

Amen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dang come back now ya' hear..all the best mate .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Tuesday about 1:40PM and was just sitting here thinking of my friend and hoping everything went well and you're starting a speedy recovery.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers today for you and family. Health and healing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on another post "Widder's Surgery Update".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.