SASS Wire Forum

Widder - going under the knife

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scary stuff.  Thinking about you very seriously.  Do what the doctors and nurses tell you.  I want to continue reading your posts for a heckuva long time.

:)

As ornery as that joker is, y'all better be a prayin for all the nurses whats gonna have to take care of him when he gets out from under the knife.

Three of them had to set down and two were so flushed they had to get their BP checked on the spot when they came in to test on him. Course he did have his gown on backwards.

He didn't want to put off the knifing for a week but his Dr said the hospital wasn't set up with enough security to keep all the Widdermaniacs out just yet. All this attention is liable to go to his head. It didn't help that he had to sign all those autographs today. I told him it was just regular ole paperwork but he wouldn't listen.:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

They told me I owed em $95 co-pay.  :lol:

..........Widder

Been in and out of the hospital so often lately that I'm getting the frequent flyer rates!!

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Looking forward to finally meeting you at TN State in a couple of months

7 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

One day we will meet and I'll show u how to shoot a 97.

Be well ! 

Hells not Comin

1 hour ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

You will certainly be in our prayers, Widder. Knot said you’re taken this gamin’ stuff too far. Good luck with the surgery and get better soon.

...Shamrock and Knot

31 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Scary stuff.  Thinking about you very seriously.  Do what the doctors and nurses tell you.  I want to continue reading your posts for a heckuva long time.

:)

I'm overwhelmed by  everyone's kind words, Prayers and well wishes.

Sedalia Dave:    I think my recovery time will hinder my participation in the TN State this year.   Right now, I plan to visit

but I think being a shooting competitor will be beyond my control.

Hells Comin:   I'm hopeless.   Red Knee has been trying to teach me for years with no success..... :D

Hi Sadie:  Tell Knot that I've requested the doctors put a bionic valve (pumper) in my heart to help me with CAS.  :lol:

Hey J.Bar:   indeed, it can be scary stuff but todays technology is very comforting.   And the alternative of doing nothing is terminal.

..........Widder

Widder..Best wishes for everything to turn out okey dokey. The time off  will  make you sharper 'n faster, revitalised & charged up...poor Red Knee ain't gotta' chance .!!

Widder May the Lord guide the Doctors Hands and Thoughts as they work on You and may you have a Complete and Speedy recovery ....

Prayers headed up from Up North of the Medicine Line .... 

Ya still need to come up here to shoot with me ....

Jabez Cowboy 

All our best wishes and prayers, and remember - ya gots the world's best rooting squad out here pullin' for ya.  ;)

Go get'em Widder. We know you'll win this one too. Prayers for quick recovery. Hope to see you in TN.

May God give your Surgeon wisdom and a steady hand.  And may your insurance afford a sharp knife for the cutting.

You will do just fine. This surgery sounds scarier than it is. It has come a long way from what it was 10 or 20 years ago.

Your medical staff will look like they should be delivering newspapers or going to cheerleader camp. They are young, but very smart. Do what they say.

They are going to have you up and walking pretty quick. Crazy as it sounds, this is a good thing.

Most are allowed to eat whatever they want, unless there are other diet concerns. You may be able to arrange a "nanner split" delivery.

The Lord loves cowboys, and you will have many calling on Him for you.  Hard to beat that.

I laughed well at your OP, pard.

Baby Sis pulled a wise guy on us and I threatened to throw her over my lap and fan her little biscuits.

She laughed and challenged, "Catch me first!"

I read that same rotten sense of humor in your words and that strikes me as a healthy and healing thing!

I'm trying really hard to come up with something informative, educational, enlightening, uplifting, encouraging, and nonfattening, while avoiding the rude, crude or socially unacceptable.

So far I'm not having much luck, such phrases as "valve job" and "plumbing job" keep popping up and I keep whack-a-mole at 'em, so instead of thrusting my hind hoof between the pearly whites,  I will instead defer to the above comments and good wishes!

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Getting my tests done this week. Might be right behind you. Good luck and a fast recovery to ya.

And a hearty 'well wishes' to you also.

I was ready to forego all the blame test and tell them to just 'fix it', regardless of the procedure.

All the test revealed a more troublesome situation, which made the docs decide for the open heart

procedure and not the 'groin' insertion of the valve.

After the docs showed me all my test results, I agreed with them.   Getting it fixed might not be

all that comfortable for a few weeks, but NOT getting it done would probably be terminal within a 

year or so.   The Doc seemed a little surprised that I have been able to participate in outdoor activities (CAS)

and yard work without more serious symptoms and hopefully, a good healthy heart has helped that......which in turn

should help my recover somewhat.

My situation isn't much different than many others, some of whom may not even be aware of their problems yet.

I was lucky in that the docs have been taking care of my heart for quite a few years BUT, they started closely watching

my 'aorta' valve about 3.5 years ago.  During that time span, a couple more arteries have clogged up, which warrants

the operational fix.

Again, sure wish you well, Slim.

..........Widder

Widder, don't know ya 'cept for the forum, prayers are up for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

AG

Widder,

Prayers heading up for a successful surgery. May you also have a complete and non-complicated recovery. Keep us posted Pard.

Ellie & Eyesa

Archived