SASS Wire Forum

Standard Manufacturing

The head of the screw comes too tall for the hole. So you drive it in and mark where you want the slot to go. Then you remove the screw, file the head flush and cut a new slot , then blue the screw.

Another method involves over height screws, you install , then remove screw and remove metal under the head until it 'clocks".

23 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

The head of the screw comes too tall for the hole. So you drive it in and mark where you want the slot to go. Then you remove the screw, file the head flush and cut a new slot , then blue the screw.

Another method involves over height screws, you install , then remove screw and remove metal under the head until it 'clocks".

You are probably right on this.  It just seems an awful lot of work for nothing more than looks, but for $1,800.00 you expect something special.  I just hope they don't go the way of USFA.

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

You are probably right on this.  It just seems an awful lot of work for nothing more than looks, but for $1,800.00 you expect something special.  I just hope they don't go the way of USFA.

Standard Manufacturing is a highly diversified company.  It's not dependent on one product. 

I seen and handed one at Bud's Guns east of Knoxville.  I was very impressed. 

Rye

I’ve seen 5-6 , case coloring is not as nice as later

USFas, which surprises me as Standard is mostly ex USFA employees on the production lines!?  Couldn’t cock them for good reason so can’t tell you about timing and such.

long story short I wasn’t impressed. That said I  am still amazed at later USFAs for fit, finish and coloring!

11 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Rye

I’ve seen 5-6 , case coloring is not as nice as later

USFas, which surprises me as Standard is mostly ex USFA employees on the production lines!?  Couldn’t cock them for good reason so can’t tell you about timing and such.

long story short I wasn’t impressed. That said I  am still amazed at later USFAs for fit, finish and coloring!

I'll just stick with Colts, but I agree the later USFA's are really nice!

Archived