SASS Wire Forum

2020 SASS Western Regional Championship Cancellation Notice

Hollywood

Dear Cowboys, Cowgirls, Members, Supporters & Vendors,

The Chorro Valley Regulators range is a venue within The SLOSA Public Shooting Facility, which is located on California State property. To date SLOSA has yet to receive approval from the State of California to hold major matches on any of their venues.

Due to the lack of approval from the State coupled with the worldwide health situation, it is with great regret that I must inform you that we have no choice but to cancel the 2020 SASS Western Regional Championship at the Chorro Valley Range. 

For those of you have already registered for the 2020 SASS Western Regional Championship, you have the choice of rolling your registration over to the 2021 SASS Western Regional which is scheduled for August 4th – 8th, 2021 or receive a full refund.  Please email Sinful at: michaelgarripee@yahoo.com with your reference.

The Chorro Valley Regulators are heartbroken to have to make this decision and understand that this will disappoint many in our SASS family but appreciate your trust that this decision is in the best interest of not only CVR but all of you as well.

We look forward to once again providing you with the best shooting experience possible at the 26th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out, 2021 SASS Western Regional.

Sincerely,

Sinful & El Lazo

SASS Western Regional Match Directors

It's a shame. I don't see how any large match can meet legal requirements as they are now. This has been/is a lost year for CAS. I am looking forward to things getting back to normal next year.

Snakebite

10 hours ago, Snakebite said:

It's a shame. I don't see how any large match can meet legal requirements as they are now. This has been/is a lost year for CAS. I am looking forward to things getting back to normal next year.

Snakebite

Thats the intention of the state.   You could always call it the "SASS Western Regional Protest" instead, 

and do whatever you please.

Well right, wrong, needed or not, it's sure happening. At my age loosing a year's worth of my favorite passtime is tough. :(

:ph34r:  C'mon Snakebite,  us old guys are gonna keep doing WHAT we can, as WELL as we can, for as LONG as we can, and WHENEVER we can.

Hopefully, we'll see you at RR Bar for the State match.   I'm operating at about 60% these days, but the smell of burning powder and the sound of lead clanging steel is a great tonic......

2 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  C'mon Snakebite,  us old guys are gonna keep doing WHAT we can, as WELL as we can, for as LONG as we can, and WHENEVER we can.

Hopefully, we'll see you at RR Bar for the State match.   I'm operating at about 60% these days, but the smell of burning powder and the sound of lead clanging steel is a great tonic......

It's still up in the air about RR Bar. I was originally going but dropped. I might still give it a try, but it will be a last minute decision.  

11 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

I sure know about all that...

I was sure looking forward to visiting this year

Archived