SASS Wire Forum

Guns of August NE Regional

Seven Mile Tom

Looked over the results, and there were some very impressive times.    But I gotta ask, were there many folks there who were actually from the Northeast?   I saw lots of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.   I also saw some Kansas, Pennsylvania and Kentucky.    Granted, those were on some very limited lists, not the entire attendance.   But was there anyone there from New England or New York?

It's been a few years since I last attended Guns of August -- I am so glad I went again this year!  The weather was wonderful (thank you Deadwood Stan!)  They had great stages (as always) and it's a great shooting range in the woods.  They have Boy Scouts on duty that are ready, willing and able to push your gun cart up the hill.  They will also help you get your gun cart on and off the wagons that run a constant loop between the campground, the parking lot, and the range.  You can always get to where you want to go easily.  The outdoor cookout on Saturday night was informal and fun.  The awards for main match  and side match were very nice quality, too.

Congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to all that helped to put on this wonderful match!

H.K. Uriah,

You have a personal invite to send in your money and application for Guns of August 2021!  Which, of course, will assure someone from New England would be there!  :D

You won't be disappointed!!!

Knob Creek Drover

1 hour ago, Knob Creek Drover said:

H.K. Uriah,

You have a personal invite to send in your money and application for Guns of August 2021!  Which, of course, will assure someone from New England would be there!  :D

You won't be disappointed!!!

Knob Creek Drover

I actually would like to come.  In fact, this year would have been good for me, if I was not getting over brain surgery earlier this month.   [Small tumor on the pituitary gland.  No cancer.]   The nearly still constant headaches and sudden tiredness would have made travel difficult.   Reading over the list of "stuff" it looked like it would have been a good one to go to.   And it would have been nice to see Lassiter in person again.  We Lightning shooters tend to enjoy talking with him for some reason.   Last year I went all the way out to Nevada for a shoot, and that was much fun.  Ohio is much closer to home, and would be much easier to deal with.   

3 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Ohio is considered part of the Norteast Region.

Only by SASS.   :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that it's really part of the Midwest.  

That being said, I am sure it was a great shoot, and since I was personally invited a few posts ago, I will plan on trying for it next year, irregardless of the geography.   

Archived