SASS Wire Forum

6 degress of separation

Utah Bob #35998

• In 2019 a bat virus began spreading in Wuhan, China
  • By 2020 it had become a worldwide Pandemic
  • In 2020 the government released it's new America the Beautiful series quarter
  • The govenment announced a coin shortage due to the Pandemic
  • The new quarter highlights the National Park of American Samoa
  • On the reverse side is .......BATS

Coincidence??? :blink::P

Take that, conspiracy nuts.

2020Quarter1.jpg

2020quarter2.jpg

Something I copied from a Google search:

The reverse, tails side of the 25-cent coin depicts a Samoan fruit batmother hanging from a tree with her pup clinging to her wings. It represents the remarkable care and energy that these species dedicate to their offspring, according to the U.S. Mint.”

to me, that statement is so obscure and meaningless, as to make it questionable as to why fruit bats are on the reverse of the new quarter.  I think there should be a US historical PATRIOTIC reference, rather than something as ridiculous as a Samoan fruit bat.......a flying rat.

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

Something I copied from a Google search:

The reverse, tails side of the 25-cent coin depicts a Samoan fruit batmother hanging from a tree with her pup clinging to her wings. It represents the remarkable care and energy that these species dedicate to their offspring, according to the U.S. Mint.”

to me, that statement is so obscure and meaningless, as to make it questionable as to why fruit bats are on the reverse of the new quarter.  I think there should be a US historical PATRIOTIC reference, rather than something as ridiculous as a Samoan fruit bat.......a flying rat.

Cat Brules

The America the Beautiful series quarters always have something pertinent to whatever park they are highlighting, not necessarily anything historical. I guess there’s a lot of bats in Samoa.

D2B908B9-9BB2-4819-9A06-5D1A5D68A776.jpeg

Archived