SASS Wire Forum

Package tracking is a wunnerful thing

Alpo

I ordered something from Amazon the other day. I'll get up this morning and there is a notice at the top of my phone. It says DELIVERED.

I open it. It says my package from Amazon has been delivered. 4 hours ago.

I was reading this at 6:25, so apparently my package was delivered at 2:30 in the morning.

I went outside and looked. There is no package. I presume that the mailman click the delivered box when he put it in the truck.  Logically it should arrive today.

But then again, when was the last time that logic and the post office agreed?

USPS is in flux, terrible service, can't speak to a human, packages sitting for MONTHS at same location, no usps assistance at all.

28 minutes ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

USPS is in flux, terrible service, can't speak to a human, packages sitting for MONTHS at same location, no usps assistance at all.

I forgot the exact time that mag tube liner I ordered from you took . But it was like a month and a half from Wi to Mi , and the route it took was pretty bizarre. Maybe they knew it was a cas item and sent it pony express . 
Fedex and UPS have been far more reliable for me throughout the Kung Flu 

Our satellite TV box went belly up.
Dish said to ship it back, they'd ship a new one right away.

I took the carcass to the local FedEx office and the very helpful young lady behind the counter confirmed they have the contract with Dish for returns, she'd take care of packaging and return, no problem, but she was kind enough to warn me.

She said, "Here is a tracking number.  Please keep it safe. Dish has a bad habit of claiming the old box was never returned, and charging you for a new one."

Sure enough, that's what happened.

I called to dispute the charge on my bill and the voice on the other end was less than cordial until I put ice in my voice and asked, "Would you like the tracking number?"
"Oh ... you have a tracking number?"

"Yes ma'am I have, and this is the date and time it's listed as having arrived in your hands."

The amount was removed from my bill.

Sent a package with some electronics out by USPS.  Got a tracking number.  Waited a couple of days and went to the USPS website.  All that came up was the fact that the package was on its way to the local facility. If I wanted more details I was to log into my account. Did that.  Nothing.  Several days later, same S#1+.  Finally called the addressee to see if he got it.  He did, repairs to the item had been made and he was taking it to his P.O.  Be interesting to see how long it takes to get here...if at all! :unsure:

Boy, don't get me started on the U. S. Postal Service.  <_<

Side note:  Thursday of last week Sassparilla Kid ordered a new $2,500 Everlast welding machine.  It was shipped that day (South San Francisco to Fresno - under 200 miles), 1 - 2 day delivery.  Tracking the next day reported it "out for delivery by 9:00 PM."

It never arrived.

Saturday, tracking again declared it to be "out for delivery by 9:00 PM."  It never arrived.

Sunday, tracking only said it had been shipped.

Monday, tracking only said it had been shipped.  The Kid visited the local UPS hub (can't get a human on the phone these days) and was told "Gee... it's in Lathrop.  It's on the way."

Tuesday, tracking said it had been shipped.  Kid goes back to UPS and is told "Gee... it's still sitting in Lathrop..."

Kid called Everlast; they called him back Wednesday and said that UPS had lost it; they immediately shipped a replacement - he got it last night (thursday).

So... howinell does UPS misplace a 125 lb package?  :huh:

Well, the mail finally ran. And my package arrived.

It's not all there.

I just got off the email with Amazon. I said that it did not have a lid. They said they would ship me another order. That  I did not have to return the piece I had. I suspect that is because it would cost more to ship back to them then it is worth, and since it is not all there it is worth nothing.

So my new ETA is the 18th. We shall see.

33 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So... howinell does UPS misplace a 125 lb package?  

My immediate thought is some UPS employee has a new welding machine.

24 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

...So... howinell does UPS misplace a 125 lb package?  :huh:

Evidently very easily!

I had a overseas package get "lost" by UPS.  I filed a claim and received reimbursement for the contents but not for the shipping costs.  Called UPS,  they said I hadn't included shipping in my claim.  Since they lost the package why wouldn't they automatically include reimbursement for postage too?!?!?

Month after UPS "lost" my package I said something to our local UPS Driver about my experience.   Next day the driver handed me my "lost" package.  It had been sitting at the local UPS terminal the entire time with shipping label intact. 

USPS.  I usually get email notification that my package was delivered to me several days after I've found the package on my front porch.

It is cool that you got reimbursed for the contents.

I learned a few years ago did they will not send an E-ticket out of conus. And they will not mail the paper ticket to the person that's going to fly. They mail it to who bought the ticket.

So they mail me the paper ticket and I take it down to the post office and overnight it to Puerto Rico. And I insured it for the $600 the damn ticket cost.

Post office lost it. I filed a claim. They wanted to see proof that it was worth $600.

I felt but it did not matter if it was worth $0.50.  They sold me $600 worth of insurance.

Ticket was lost. Post office would not pay the insurance. The airline would let her fly, but she had to pay $100 lost ticket charge.

I hate the post office. Almost as much as I hate UPS.

Archived