SASS Wire Forum

New phone Scammer tactics

Sedalia Dave

Have received several calls in the last week all from people claiming that they have been contracted by 

A. My Employer

B. My PPO medical provider

C. My Prescription drug provider

Every time the person is cheerful and introduces themselves. They all tell me about how one of the above is lacking in coverage or that due to the Coronavirus I am eligible for additional coverage. In every case they cannot tell me who my employer actually is or the name of my actual insurer. But they insist that they are under contract and that all they need is for me to verify personal information to "help" me.

Please spread the word to anyone that might fall for this scam that it is a scam. 

I do not answer my phone if I don’t recognize the number. If they leave a message I may call back. If they don’t I delete the number and move on. 
By doing this my scammer spammer calls are nil. 
If they don’t get an answer they don’t pass your number on to others. 
I have one friend who calls from various numbers but won’t leave a message. I know this because he emailed asking why I never answer my phone. I told him to give me a solid number and I will plug it into my contacts. He finally did. 
It’s simple, really. 

Revenue Canada keeps calling saying that if I don't pay my overdue taxes, an arrest warrant will be issued.

They want me to send them the overdue amount in gift cards.

Archived