SASS Wire Forum

Fabulous weekend

Whiskey Business

So last week had blood drawn. Hemoglobin was low. 6.3. Potassium, very low.

I asked the doc if I had to spend the night in the hospital. At least he said. Friday till Monday. I can't drive and friends and family have to walk the doggo.

Hope to feel better soon. One good thing is my excellent support system.

Recover quickly!

Glad you discovered the anomalies and are getting them addressed before they became critical.  They could have.

Hoping for a complete return to normal quickly.

That's no fun. Get Better Soon!!

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

I had an iv in each arm and was bedridden. And one of the nurses yelled me. She was mean about it. At least the food was decent.

Wow!  That's strange, for sure.  Last time I was "incarcerated" the nurses were all really sweet and the food was abominable!  Honest - if I closed my eyes I wouldn't have been able to identify the scrambled eggs.

Get well, and keep your tablet or laptop handy ~ maybe we can help keep you entertained.   :)

I hope it's nothing serious and you are fine soon.

You are lucky to have an excellent support system, I'd be lost without Hubby.

The last time I was in the hospital my nurse was so rude I fired her. Her boss told me, I couldn't just change nurses. So I asked to talk to Tony. He was someone who came to see me when I got there, before surgery. She "hemmed and hawed" and I got a new nurse. Tony didn't come to see me; but the nun did. She asked me if I punched the nurse's lights out. I wonder what was said.

Well Whiskey,   sure hate to hear of this health situation but getting into the hospital for the weekend

could very well be a very good thing.    I feel your pain.

I been dealing with a calcified heart valve the past few years and FINALLY, I think the doctors are gonna fix it.

So, 2 weeks back, I had to get an Echocardiogram.   No big deal.

Then, last week, the doctor gave me the results on Tuesday.   Early Wednesday morning, I was getting a heart cath to

determine a bunch of stuff they need to know before doing the valve replacement, including the valve size.

This was my 7th heart cath.

I also got to come home on Wednesday, just to visit my dentist with a bad tooth.   Thursday, the bad tooth started

acting up and I was in tear jerking pain thru Friday night when HE gave me some pain meds.

They worked.

BUT, Yesterday (Wednesday) I had to have a root canal for that bad tooth   ( I don't have dental insurance... :o

Can I join your 'Stuck, Prodded and IV'd posse?

I wish you well.

P.S. - I got me a good nurse also.   Actually, she was a Nurse Practitioner till she retire.

Now she is MY nurse, chef, moral supporter, etc..........

..........Widder

I feel for ya. I spent a week in the horspital last year, including Thanksgiving. :( My 'lytes, esp sodium were fubar. Took several days to get my sodium up enough to leave. Hope you get straightened out soon.

JHC

Dang, Whiskey!!  Are you trying to copy all of my recent exploits??

Spent the last two weeks of June in the hospital.  The nurses were mostly pretty good, but I really had issues with one of the doctors!  She called herself a “hospitalist” and she CONSTANTLY meddled with my medications and with my doctors’ instructions.  I finally let her have it, loudly and adamantly, and the next day I had a different “hospitalist”.

The food was absolutely uneatable for the most part!  The pharmacy kept changing the dosage when my doctor prescribed aspirin because someone didn’t think I should have the large dose prescribed.

It was a lousy two weeks!

If you have issues with ANY hospital staff, demand to speak to the floor manager!  They are there to help you and to make you comfortable if at all possible.  If they aren’t doing that, you have every right to have them removed!!

Hope you’re getting better and whatever is causing problems is found and fixed soon!!

Whiskey, hope you are home and better tomorrow!

Mind the doc. Get better. Tell the nurse off!

On 8/6/2020 at 8:09 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well Whiskey,   sure hate to hear of this health situation but getting into the hospital for the weekend

could very well be a very good thing.    I feel your pain.

I been dealing with a calcified heart valve the past few years and FINALLY, I think the doctors are gonna fix it.

So, 2 weeks back, I had to get an Echocardiogram.   No big deal.

Then, last week, the doctor gave me the results on Tuesday.   Early Wednesday morning, I was getting a heart cath to

determine a bunch of stuff they need to know before doing the valve replacement, including the valve size.

This was my 7th heart cath.

I also got to come home on Wednesday, just to visit my dentist with a bad tooth.   Thursday, the bad tooth started

acting up and I was in tear jerking pain thru Friday night when HE gave me some pain meds.

They worked.

BUT, Yesterday (Wednesday) I had to have a root canal for that bad tooth   ( I don't have dental insurance... :o

Can I join your 'Stuck, Prodded and IV'd posse?

I wish you well.

P.S. - I got me a good nurse also.   Actually, she was a Nurse Practitioner till she retire.

Now she is MY nurse, chef, moral supporter, etc..........

..........Widder

You are welcome to join the posse. Don't think you will like it much.

Hope for a speedy recovery for you

The only thing worse than having these problems is not knowing you have them at all!  Anemia and hypokalemia aren’t things to ignore. Glad you are getting them addressed.  

Thinkin’ about ya!

;)

Archived