SASS Wire Forum

New York AG Sues NRA

Gracos Kid

I think the NY attorney general behind this is making a political mistake-- at least I hope so. Attacking LaPierre and certain others on the grounds of violation of NY non-profit corporation standards (the NRA is a New York corp-- must have seemed like a good idea at the time!) is one thing.

Seeking the dissolution of the NRA is quite another; it is bound to fail and will be rightly interpreted as a Democratic attack on American gun ownership.

I've already heard a couple of liberal radio commentators say they think it's a bad idea in an election year.

The Donald earlier today said the NRA oughtta "move to Texas and lead a very good and beautiful life."

Thoughts?   :)

4 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

The Donald earlier today said the NRA oughtta "move to Texas and lead a very good and beautiful life."

At one point I read that the law firm that was working with the NRA tried to get them to relocate out of NY, to almost anywhere, and NRA had no interest.  With all that went down with them over the past few years, that was in the news, I knew this day was coming.  Now I just wanna know how this AG plans on going after retailers, manufacturers, and banks.  Which was part of her press release.

3 minutes ago, Cemetery said:

At one point I read that the law firm that was working with the NRA tried to get them to relocate out of NY, to almost anywhere, and NRA had no interest.  With all that went down with them over the past few years, that was in the news, I knew this day was coming.  Now I just wanna know how this AG plans on going after retailers, manufacturers, and banks.  Which was part of her press release.

Good Lord!  Is she going after the membership, too??  :huh:

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Good Lord!  Is she going after the membership, too??  :huh:

Wouldn't doubt it.

I don't think she has a chance in hell but I'm not a lawyer. I think she's doing this because she wants to proceed higher up in politics! Good headline for her!

Archived