We have a winner!!!!

Lawdog Dago Dom

YEAH!!  I like it!!!

5 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Should have dye in it to locate people needing to be arrested l

ater.

That’s a great idea!!!

Not my idea.

European countries use dye in there crowd control water canons.

Also the hand held cop canisters have dye in them when they confront people breaking the law so they can be picked up later as they leave the area and get away from the frenzy.

4 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Not my idea.

European countries use dye in there crowd control water canons.

Also the hand held cop canisters have dye in them when they confront people breaking the law so they can be picked up later as they leave the area and get away from the frenzy.

Pepper foam and gel (think of it as Silly String with bad intentions) comes with a UV dye in it. 

Anybody hit with it will glow under black light- and it don't wash off.

Hey Dom!

Maybe he was ex-Navy and was just trying to hold a wetting down party in celebration of her receiving a participation trophy!:rolleyes:

Back in the dark ages, I was part of the Riot control team.  We were specifically told to remove the name tags from our uniform shirts during events.  We never had to deal with anything like is going on now.  Mostly just stomp and drag training and defending against teenagers with tennis balls.

I have mixed feelings about pepper spray, as I KNOW that it can cause serious eye damage to many people.  I’m one of them.  I’ve never been in a situation where I’ve been involved in any demonstrations, riots, etc.  Honestly, if some officer sprayed me with that stuff....... if I came out of it to where I could see,.........

Cat Brules

I've been exposed to it in a trial, to show us the effect.

That and tasered, which was NOT fun, again to demo the effect. 

I bought the dang things, but I do not want to be on the receiving end again.

Tactical tried to get me to wear some protection and experience the effects of the WEN, but I passed on that.

I was fifty seven years old when I rode the lightning let’s just say my wife wasn’t happy about it when she found out. Like every cop I experienced pepper spray on a regular basis, damn wind

12 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I have mixed feelings about pepper spray, as I KNOW that it can cause serious eye damage to many people.  I’m one of them.  I’ve never been in a situation where I’ve been involved in any demonstrations, riots, etc.  Honestly, if some officer sprayed me with that stuff....... if I came out of it to where I could see,.........

Cat Brules

You would be in cuffs so all you would do would be to scream and scrape your face on the pavement 

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I've been exposed to it in a trial, to show us the effect.

That and tasered, which was NOT fun, again to demo the effect. 

I bought the dang things, but I do not want to be on the receiving end again.

Tactical tried to get me to wear some protection and experience the effects of the WEN, but I passed on that.

What is the WEN?

I was shield man on a tactical unit in one of the most violent maximum security prison and did over 100 cell extractions, so I breathed a LOT of CS and pepper spray over the years. Also, got Tazered when we were training before we adopted them. Yeesh, the good old days...

6 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

You would be in cuffs so all you would do would be to scream and scrape your face on the pavement 

Keep yacking it up.  Similar types and stripe usually learned at a much earlier age not to bully, or otherwise harass or assault those who don’t take to being subjected to torture by a gang of cowards, who never engage individually, alone.  I’ll bet a dollar that there’s five or six police sites out there where you could go and brag.

Cat Brules

6 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

What is the WEN?

I think that is what they called it when the sales techie demo'd it. 

It fired a 37mm or 40mm rubber type round from a big rotating drum.

Ottawa Police Tactical was looking at alternative less lethal kinetic energy devices after a poor mental case was killed when struck with a bean-bag round fired from a shotgun.

The fellow was bare chested; no shirt, slashing his own arms and no one could get near him.

He was not wearing a shirt, the round turned edgewise, hit him between two ribs and entered his chest cavity, killing him.

The officer who fired the round was very upset, even weeks later when I had coffee with him in the cafeteria.

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

Keep yacking it up.  Similar types and stripe usually learned at a much earlier age not to bully, or otherwise harass or assault those who don’t take to being subjected to torture by a gang of cowards, who never engage individually, alone.  I’ll bet a dollar that there’s five or six police sites out there where you could go and brag.

Cat Brules

Ok Mr anti police keyboard commando If an officer sprayed you he did it for a reason and you’re going to jail for whatever that offense was plus resisting arrest and possibly assaulting a police officer. Keep being belligerent and you get another face full.

If you’re talking about what you would do to me you better rethink that idea, you would quickly regret it. You should probably read my bio. Especially the part about being a 5th degree Black Belt in Chinese Kenpo with a Black Belt in Judo I’ve also studied both Brazilian and small circle jujitsu as well as Kali. Twenty five years of study in martial arts so take your shot.

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

yup - full of great ideas , like getting taised or pepper sprayed , im thinking ill pass on that for now , but i like the dye for tracking 

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

I retired from law enforcement eleven years ago and none of the officers I worked with still carried pepper spray. It wasn’t worth the effort. It took just a little breeze and you were sucking your own spray. If used indoors the furnace would carry it through the whole building, and then there was the clean up of the “victim”

The taser had none of those problems. It was eight seconds of pure hell but then it was over with essentially no recovery time 

Eight seconds!

Felt more like 8 hours when they turned it on.

The guys holding me up said I went limp as soon as it "fired".

Glad they advised me to empty my bladder beforehand.

13 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I retired from law enforcement eleven years ago and none of the officers I worked with still carried pepper spray. It wasn’t worth the effort. It took just a little breeze and you were sucking your own spray. If used indoors the furnace would carry it through the whole building, and then there was the clean up of the “victim”

The taser had none of those problems. It was eight seconds of pure hell but then it was over with essentially no recovery time 

Sure.  But they're clearly using it, or something similar, on the rioters.  All the more reason to add the dye because the rioters aren't all being arrested on the scene. 

I did a ride along years ago and they had had to use pepper spray on someone in the jail.  It was pretty strong but not too bad.  Then I found out it happened a day and a half ago. 

If you really want to disperse a bunch of rioters, using a water cannon, you need a little something extra to get their attention.

Try adding an electric charge in the water stream. 

On 8/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, Henry T Harrison said:

Ok Mr anti police keyboard commando If an officer sprayed you he did it for a reason and you’re going to jail for whatever that offense was plus resisting arrest and possibly assaulting a police officer. Keep being belligerent and you get another face full.

If you’re talking about what you would do to me you better rethink that idea, you would quickly regret it. You should probably read my bio. Especially the part about being a 5th degree Black Belt in Chinese Kenpo with a Black Belt in Judo I’ve also studied both Brazilian and small circle jujitsu as well as Kali. Twenty five years of study in martial arts so take your shot.

I'm going to push back a little. I can't speak of everywhere, but at least in Columbus, OH, that "reason" often seemed to be "because they could." Plenty of footage of officers hitting otherwise peaceful protestors, journalists, officials, and even non-protestors trying to get out of the way with pepper spray, rubber and wooden projectiles. Spraying pepper spray into aid stations set up away from the protests was documented. Officers caused permanent physical harm in some cases. I've seen the footage, and there is plenty to be found, or at least there was.

So, it seems that the "reason" is the reason that the whole "defund the police" mantra was raised in the first place, and one which you articulate so well: Officer Billy A. Badass with a badge using his authority indiscriminately against citizens doing nothing wrong, because he can and bragging about his ability to do so. Of course, in the videos, since Officer Badass has his name tag removed and won't provide information, even if someone gets the chance to ask, he is pretty much unaccountable and immune from prosecution. Convenient, huh? 

As a former prosecutor, I've got plenty of friends who are cops, and if some of them bragged about doing things I've heard from other officers, or said to me what others have said, I would be telling them exactly how wrong they were.

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

I'm going to push back a little. I can't speak of everywhere, but at least in Columbus, OH, that "reason" often seemed to be "because they could." Plenty of footage of officers hitting otherwise peaceful protestors, journalists, officials, and even non-protestors trying to get out of the way with pepper spray, rubber and wooden projectiles. Spraying pepper spray into aid stations set up away from the protests was documented. Officers caused permanent physical harm in some cases. I've seen the footage, and there is plenty to be found, or at least there was.

So, it seems that the "reason" is the reason that the whole "defund the police" mantra was raised in the first place, and one which you articulate so well: Officer Billy A. Badass with a badge using his authority indiscriminately against citizens doing nothing wrong, because he can and bragging about his ability to do so. Of course, in the videos, since Officer Badass has his name tag removed and won't provide information, even if someone gets the chance to ask, he is pretty much unaccountable and immune from prosecution. Convenient, huh? 

As a former prosecutor, I've got plenty of friends who are cops, and if some of them bragged about doing things I've heard from other officers, or said to me what others have said, I would be telling them exactly how wrong they were.

Peaceful protesters You must be kidding. Protesters injured the poor things. The police are tired angry and frustrated by the abuse that they are taking from the poor peaceful protesters and the lack of support from their politicians and chiefs who have sold them out.

Twenty three officers have been killed since George the junky died, five hundred wounded. That includes a young officer permanently  paralyzed from the neck down by a BLM supporter and several suffering serious and possible permanent eye damage from your peaceful protesters deliberately shining lasers into their eyes. They are subjected to having Molotov cocktails and commercial fireworks mortars shot at them. The peaceful protesters are now going to the officers homes and harassing their families. I believe that the police are showing admiral restraint.

This stopped being a peaceful protest long ago it is now an open war on the police and should be dealt with accordingly

5 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Peaceful protesters You must be kidding. Protesters injured the poor things. The police are tired angry and frustrated by the abuse that they are taking from the poor peaceful protesters and the lack of support from their politicians and chiefs who have sold them out.

No, I'm not kidding, since I know people who were in Columbus at the time, and it was well documented. Of course, feel free to mock those with whom you don't agree, and that you don't agree with. It is certainly apropos. It limits the necessity for you to form a cogent response.

There was a time where a significant part of the conservative ethos revolved around a Voltairean "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." That seems long ago, in another lifetime. Now, conservatives like you mirror the left, demeaning what others say as well as those who speak so they need not address it and give it credibility.

Twenty three officers have been killed since George the junky died, five hundred wounded. That includes a young officer permanently  paralyzed from the neck down by a BLM supporter and several suffering serious and possible permanent eye damage from your peaceful protesters deliberately shining lasers into their eyes. They are subjected to having Molotov cocktails and commercial fireworks mortars shot at them. The peaceful protesters are now going to the officers homes and harassing their families. I believe that the police are showing admiral restraint.

So, because the man was a drug addict and had a criminal record, he deserved what he got? Please, whatever you do, never sit on a criminal jury. I'm sure you have mocking comments and excuses for Breonna Taylor and Elijah McClain as well, don't you?

Yes, there have been numerous tragic occurrences. I follow law enforcement pages and mourn their deaths. Any time there is an incident involving Columbus Police, my heart goes into my throat until I find out which precinct and who was involved, because I have friends I would die for who are cops there. However, what you've thrown out is a red herring, ignoring the more important aspects of what I said. I've certainly not been talking about the rioting, murders and assaults of LEOs that have gone on of late. I am speaking of a specific time frame, early June of this year, and a specific place, Columbus, Ohio. A place where violence and rioting undoubtedly occurred, but the police response was wholly inappropriate and good people were injured as a result. Of course, they couldn't be good people from your point of view, because they aren't in lock-step with your belief system.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

No, I'm not kidding, since I know people who were in Columbus at the time, and it was well documented. Of course, feel free to mock those with whom you don't agree, and that you don't agree with. It is certainly apropos. It limits the necessity for you to form a cogent response.

There was a time where a significant part of the conservative ethos revolved around a Voltairean "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." That seems long ago, in another lifetime. Now, conservatives like you mirror the left, demeaning what others say as well as those who speak so they need not address it and give it credibility.

So, because the man was a drug addict and had a criminal record, he deserved what he got? Please, whatever you do, never sit on a criminal jury. I'm sure you have mocking comments and excuses for Breonna Taylor and Elijah McClain as well, don't you?

Yes, there have been numerous tragic occurrences. I follow law enforcement pages and mourn their deaths. Any time there is an incident involving Columbus Police, my heart goes into my throat until I find out which precinct and who was involved, because I have friends I would die for who are cops there. However, what you've thrown out is a red herring, ignoring the more important aspects of what I said. I've certainly not been talking about the rioting, murders and assaults of LEOs that have gone on of late. I am speaking of a specific time frame, early June of this year, and a specific place, Columbus, Ohio. A place where violence and rioting undoubtedly occurred, but the police response was wholly inappropriate and good people were injured as a result. Of course, they couldn't be good people from your point of view, because they aren't in lock-step with your belief system.

If George the junky would’ve gotten quietly into the police car he would still be alive.

Keep on believing that those protesters are peaceful and with all the cameras were on them the police just attacked with out reason.

Twenty three dead five hundred wounded let that sink in. 

16 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

If George the junky would’ve gotten quietly into the police car he would still be alive.

Keep on believing that those protesters are peaceful and with all the cameras were on them the police just attacked with out reason.

Twenty three dead five hundred wounded let that sink in. 

Nice try at dodging what I said. You're still implying that he is dead because he resisted arrest, not through any fault of the police. That seems to suggest you are willing to uphold any action by law enforcement, regardless of legality and lethality. I find that appalling, to be frank. Likewise, it appears that for you to maintain your belief in the righteousness of all law enforcement, the only possibility is for all protestors to be violent, riotous criminals, with no positive motive or message. I don't find that appalling, I find it just sad.

I'm aware of the numbers. As heartbreaking as they are, they are irrelevant to what I am saying, and your usage of them is, in a word, fallacious. The fact that you have to circle back to that statement, again and again tells me you are close minded on the subject, and likely not subject to reason. Which goes back to my previous assertion that we have come far from the days when conservative thought was more voltairean and less authoritarian.

Archived