SASS Wire Forum

Happiness is...

Finding a few bucks tucked away in the back of my wallet that I’d forgotten!!

Glad you found some, Charlie. We're having trouble coming up with treated lumber here. Needed for steps and landings, plus bottom support for lower channel installation for skirting. Used  to be able to get complete bundles of the sizes needed, now can't get but a few pieces at times:blink::rolleyes::blush:

Finding a gun in my safe that I haven't shot in a long time and forgot about!

(That don't happen very often)

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Needing 72” of a specific board type, and finding a 74” scrap that I forgot was in the shop.

What little things make you smile in these crazy times?

Just remember to measure it three or four times to make sure get what you need....Then cut....

Texas Lizard

A good bowel movement before going to the gym.  (I don’t like strange restrooms)

2 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

locking the gates , turning off the phones , and a COLD BEER 

Either you’re not married, or you found a way to lock your wife out.

Cleaning out a closet and finding half a dozen loaded 30 round magazines for your AK47!!!

-ditto- to Forty’s reply, above.

Two days ago, I got a call from my very old and very good friend, who has lived in Florida for many years now.  One of my best friends.  

Cat Brules

42 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Hearing from a long lost friend.

That happened to me very recently. We went to Jr. High, High School and college together, then it seemed he fell off the face of the planet. A couple of weeks back, I got a friend request on Facebook. Chatted for a couple of hours catching up and laughing, sending texts. Definitely a good thing.

I had an eye appointment today at Costco. When I finished the line to pick out glasses frames was huge (how weird). I decided to go home. On the way to the car I decided to put my top down and go get my two .357 Magnum Smiths and some .357 ammo I just loaded and head for the range. 
It looks like I lucked into a very nice recipe for my .357s. Both guns shot my new reload great. It’s a sunny beautiful day and life is going pretty darn good! :D

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Happened to me recently.  Friend from grammar school; besty from high school.  We've put 3/4 of the old gang back together & are searching for the missing 1/4th.

Hot cookies and cold milk...

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Many years ago I got a phone call from my best college buddy.  He' d gone off on a mission for the Mormon church and I joined the Army before he got back. Seventeen year slater I got a call from him.  He'd contacted my sister and she gave him my number.  He'd been living about fifteen miles for us for seven of eight years.

The night my wife retired I got a call from a fraternity brother that I hadn't heard from in more than forty years.  We were considering moving to the Prescott, AZ area and he was packing to move there from Ithaca, NY.  When we met it was like I had last said goodbye to him a week before.

This last Sunday I got a call from a man I knew for almost the entire forty years we lived in California.  He and his wife are moving to Camp Verde, a forty five minute drive from here.

There are a few others, too.

These are some of my greatest treasures.

My best buddy Going back to 1971 junior hi HH school lives in Austin and I In Houston we and our wives get together once or twice a year.  For some off-the-wall reason they have decided to move to Wisconsin.  I said you can order their cheese here!  Nope.

Happiness is having your driveways paved and the contractor does a bunch of extra stuff, finishes a day early, and the bill is exactly what the estimate was!!

YESSIR!  Happy!!!!

Archived